You can type here any text you want

I joined the dark side today.

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Originally posted by TurboNoong
I just bought a 86 GN today and will need stuff where do I start?

Bull$hit! You better drive that over today. Way to go Noong it took me 2 years to convert you...

Frank

Well, if I can get the paperwork trail done today or tomarrow I will see the car in about 2 weeks via shipping. It's coming from Iowa so now the wait game.

Right on brother!!!
We can always use another turbo regal in the area.

ADAM

Awesome!! Another local Turbo Buick to help terrorize the other high-performance guys.

I always recommend to first follow the spring cleaning steps from the GNTTYPE web site http://www.gnttype.org/maint/basics.html and read all you can from GNTTYPE and this TurboBuick board. Best of all, there's quite a few of us locals to help you with checking out the condition of your new purchase and to help you spend your $ on baselining and modifying :D

Congrats

Thanks for the info guys, I guess I'm on my way. I've got a set of 42 lb injectors and now Franks PT51, now all I need ia the right stall and ?

If it's a stock GN, then you'll need Walbro fuel pump, Caspers hot wire kit to the fuel pump, adjustable fuel pressure regulator, adjustable wastegate rod (if it's not already) or bleeder vavle or boost controller to adjust the turbo boost, boost gauge and a knock gauge (Scanmaster is my preference since it also is a great tuning tool), 160deg thermostat, hi-perf chipm, repair the cracked driver-side header (gotta be cracked, they all are).

Alky injection is great if you want it quick on streets like Frank's GN or else simply race gas when you hit the track. Additional goodies: RJC powerplate, valve springs, downpipe, exhaust, cold-air intake or at least a K&N cone filter, drag radials, suspension stuff, intercooler, heads, blah, blah, blah...

Hopefully that's a good start to overwhelm you ;)

Originally posted by TurboSlacker
If it's a stock GN, then you'll need Walbro fuel pump, Caspers hot wire kit to the fuel pump, adjustable fuel pressure regulator, adjustable wastegate rod (if it's not already) or bleeder vavle or boost controller to adjust the turbo boost, boost gauge and a knock gauge (Scanmaster is my preference since it also is a great tuning tool), 160deg thermostat, hi-perf chipm, repair the cracked driver-side header (gotta be cracked, they all are).

Alky injection is great if you want it quick on streets like Frank's GN or else simply race gas when you hit the track. Additional goodies: RJC powerplate, valve springs, downpipe, exhaust, cold-air intake or at least a K&N cone filter, drag radials, suspension stuff, intercooler, heads, blah, blah, blah...

Hopefully that's a good start to overwhelm you ;)

Noong,

Remember that list that we needed to put together? Dan hit it all for you. Good job Dan, thanks.

Frank

Re: Re: Welcome!

Originally posted by geno
Me and Bill, Frank,Dan,Dennis,Mike ect will get him up to speed in no time
;)

Welcome back stranger. I haven't seen you around in a while...

Gee, I have no doubt, you guys will. So, who has the best deals on the fuel pump and exhaust? Should I go test pipe or down pipe first? And from who?

4-STAR VENDOR

Originally posted by Two Lane

A great guy in your area is www.johnsperformance.com

Just give John a call tomorrow. He's a TR encyclopedia.

John has the 340 pump & adjustable regulator ready to ship.

Testpipe first, before DP...usually, for most folks...cheap mod.

HTH :)

Originally posted by TurboNoong
Gee, I have no doubt, you guys will. So, who has the best deals on the fuel pump and exhaust? Should I go test pipe or down pipe first? And from who?

We gotcha covered! Taffy owns a shop in Cali that can hook you up. I'll put you in touch with him.

Frank

Back