I need HELP, pleaseeee

GotGrunt

I need HELP with my brakes, pleaseeee

OK, here it goes (sorry about the length):
My brake light came on last month and my power brakes went out (powerbastard, lol). The accumulator ball had just been replaced and the switch looked good so I assumed it was the motor/pump. I bought a brand new one and finally installed it today. Re-connected all the wires and what not and guess what... NOT CYCLING! I'm about fed up because I just spend 130 bucks on the new motor and now I think I might just go to a vacuum setup. I think it might be an electrical problem because this whole mess started after I wired up my boost guage to the "lights" on the back of the radio - also, my fan delay relay needs to be replaced because after I shut the car off the fan doesnt keep running. I noticed that the powermaster fuse is wired to it, would that have anything to do with it? Should I just not bother with it and convert (I'll be out 130 bucks for the new pump/motor) ANY help is greatly appreciated, Thanks guys :(

Did you check the fuse to the PM?
Does the connector to the motor/pump have corision (sp) on it?
Have you performed the check out from the gn/t-type site?

If water temp isn't high enough then the fan won't run after shut down.

Gary

Yes, The fuse(s) for the brakes were fine but I changed them anyways... no help there. The trouble shooting on the GNT-type site tells me the pump/motor is at fault (could be wiring/electrical). The fan, no matter what running temp, will not stay on after shutoff (it used to, i guess the relay went bad). Im at a dead stop (no pun intended), I have no idea what this could be...

I could be wrong, but the fan will run if the A/C(or defroster) is on. It won't usually after you turn the key off unless the temps above 200, or what ever that sender under the throttle boby is looking for.

Check

Might be the 5 amp RLYS fuse? On the fuse block it's on the top right. Next to the 5 amp Cruise fuse.

Badguy, Is this the fuse labeled "powerbrake" on the curcuit board and in the owners manual... I know I replaced the one on the fuseboard and the 30 amp on the relay under the hood.

Warpspeed, My fan used to stay on for like 5 minutes after shutoff if the fan was on when I shut it down or sometimes a few minutes after i shut it off it would kick on to cool the engine off. It stopped working when the key is out of the ignition.

Anyone have a problem like this before?

Originally posted by GotBoost
Badguy, Is this the fuse labeled "powerbrake" on the curcuit board and in the owners manual... I know I replaced the one on the fuseboard and the 30 amp on the relay under the hood.

Anyone have a problem like this before?
I don't have a owners manual:( So I don't know how they're labeled BUT I got a GM service manual:D And it says there's two(2) fuses in the Powermaster circuit. (1)A 30 amp fuse to the right of the 20 amp CLK-CIG fuse on the fuse box.(2) And 5 amp fuse top right on fuse box next to the 5 amp Cruise fuse. Check them. I had the same problem when I changed my PM. Both fuses was blown.

Guy

Guy,
Checked em'... The one next to the CLK-CIG labeled "power brake" had a 25 amp in it so I put a 30 in place of it like u said. The top right next to the cruise labeled "C/H" had no fuse in it so I put a 5amp like u said and nothing... :rolleyes: Also checked the 30 amp under the hood and its fine.

I know it may sound like someting too easy but did you check to make sure everything has a good ground? More times than likely this is the problem and it's right under your nose. May not be the fault but I'm just brainstomin' for ya.

Doug,
I'll take any ideas that you can throw at me. What grounds should I check? I grounded my boost guage to the knuckle under the dash that had another ground to it. This brake problem started after I wired that guage up so I checked my power splice into the back of the radio and that looks OK but lemme check the ground on it. Anything else?? I am stumped. It just doesn't want to cooperate with me...

TTT
Any more ideas? I don't care how stupid it may be... It just might work! :mad:

Oh, I was told there is a control relay for the PowerMaster Brakes that gets its power from the AirConditioning Relay... where is that. Could a bad pressure switch cause this problem as well (pump not to run, brake light on)?

Check my post from a week or 2 ago called "Powermaster Blues". It ended up being a bad connection for me. You really need to go through the system with a multimeter and check continuity at every connection plus the constant power/switched power wires as outlined in the gnttype diagnostic procedures.

John,
I read your post and it doesn't really specify how it was fixed. Where was the bad connection. What is the fix if it is something in the wiring harnesses?