You can type here any text you want

i need help

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

"More Boost"

Major Member
ok, i bought a a cat flywheel for my 4.1L build up. (i have no faith in CAT products) but i figured how could you screw up a flywheel. (and of course the price was to good to pass up) so i get a call from my machinist yesterday that he has a problem with my CAT flywheel while trying to balance the rotating assm. i bought the external bal. because im useing stock crank and rods. he told me that it was way off balance (funky) i think was his term. so, i guess what i'm asking has anyone had this problem with their flywheels? what are you guys running? i should add that this was SFI approved flywheel. good looking piece nice and heavy, looks just like stocker only heavier. but my machinist didnt like the way it was balancing.(?) :confused: Please, /B]

For my 4.1 buildup I brought both the 4.1 flywheel and the 3.8 turbo flywheel to the machine shop. My builder went with the turbo unit. I'm not aware of the differences but I know the turbo pistons were heavier than the NA 4.1 pistons. Don't know if that makes a difference.

is there any thing special machine wise that needs to be done to a CAT flywheel to balance right on a stock crank and rods rotating assm. ? or is my machinist just not familiar with this? plz.

Back