You can type here any text you want

I need specs on the 82 buick regal

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

T0M

I am trying to find out what type of rear end they came with (10 bolt , 12 bolt, etc) what the final gear was, as well as what model transmission they came with .

This is a run of the mill 82 buick regal, no turbo or anything.

I aplogize for such a vague question,
I know little about buicks and google has given me 20 pages of generic **** in attempt to find technical specifications on this model.

the reason I am asking is because there is one in bad condition about to go to the junk lot and I am pondering whether the rear end and trannsmission is considered strong in these cars.

Any info would be appr4eciated.

The 82 only used one size rear end. It was the 7.50" ring gear diameter 10 bolt. You could have had a variety of ratios and posi was an option. There is no easy way to tell the ratio unless you want to get the code stamped into the passenger side axle tube or pull the cover off and count the teeth on the ring and pinion. If it has posi than there should be a metal tag held on by one of the rear cover bolts unless someone removed it. It depends how much power you are planing on putting through it. This was also the same size rear they used in 1982 to 1985 Camaros and a slightly larger version(7.625) was used in the 86 to 2002 Camaros and MonteCarlo SS. Usually they hold up fairly well to the 250HP mark without serious problems. You could either have a THM200C or a THM350C transmission. The C on the end means it has a lock up torque convertor clutch. They both are also good up to the 250HP mark with the 350C being the stronger of the two. The 200 has a one piece case with the tailshaft molded on and the 350 has a seperate bolt on tailshaft. Since G-bodies have such a wide variety of engines,transmissions and rear ends there are endless possibilities for the combination of parts you can use.

Originally posted by turbofish38
The 82 only used one size rear end. It was the 7.50" ring gear diameter 10 bolt. You could have had a variety of ratios and posi was an option. There is no easy way to tell the ratio unless you want to get the code stamped into the passenger side axle tube or pull the cover off and count the teeth on the ring and pinion. If it has posi than there should be a metal tag held on by one of the rear cover bolts unless someone removed it. It depends how much power you are planing on putting through it. This was also the same size rear they used in 1982 to 1985 Camaros and a slightly larger version(7.625) was used in the 86 to 2002 Camaros and MonteCarlo SS. Usually they hold up fairly well to the 250HP mark without serious problems. You could either have a THM200C or a THM350C transmission. The C on the end means it has a lock up torque convertor clutch. They both are also good up to the 250HP mark with the 350C being the stronger of the two. The 200 has a one piece case with the tailshaft molded on and the 350 has a seperate bolt on tailshaft. Since G-bodies have such a wide variety of engines,transmissions and rear ends there are endless possibilities for the combination of parts you can use.

Thank you for the info. I have a 300zxtt that I am looking to put a solid rear on and am looking for a good candidate diffrerential.
I am aiming at 850rwhp so this may not be a good rear end. people keep telling me a ford 9" is the way to go but I am trying to make the actualy rear end housing out of aluminum (not the chunk but the part that encases the diff and holds the axles.

by look at the ford 9" it seems physically very big and my cause me to but the rear higher than Id want.

tHANKS FOR ALL YOUR HELP THOUGH :)

Back