You can type here any text you want

I need to move my int ring

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Otto J

Has anyone ever removed the interruptor ring on a bhj balancer,I need to remove it and or spin it to a different setting.
Thanks

Otto,
I think Bill Anderson has had some dealing with BHJ balancers having the int ring positioned incorrectly. I think it was in a somewhat recent thread that he made his comments. Good luck with it. BTW how many degrees do you need to move it??? could an offset key solve the problem or would doing that alter the balance :confused:

I need to move it a few degrees,But an offset key couldnt do it

Otto,
you have a FAST right? I think you can offset the crank angle easier unless I am missing something
Mike

BHJ will press on a new one for you, but you have to tell them in detail exactly where it needs to go.

What are you cooking up here?

TurboTR

At one point was thinking I'd need more timing retard with a bigger shot of hose (lol) so was going to move the ring on mine ~ 5 deg or so closer to TDC. I don't see why you couldn't get a new ring from BHJ and just have a local place press it on for you?

TurboTR

Moving Interrupter Ring

Otto,

I can Help You With That Issue !!!!!

Dan Strezo
DLS Engine Development
219-956-3653

KLHAMMETT said:
Well im not at liberty

FWIW, too far off, and the engine will take a prelonged crank, or second cranking when cold.
There is a sweet spot for light load conditons.

Anything more, and I'd have to have send the Black Helicopters after you. :)

At least from what I've seen.

Distrubutor setup with the stock crank trigger?? Let me know how that works out, I have heard of many that have not had luck going that route.

It seems to work fine IME- At least it has so far on Art's tt v6 race car...

TurboTR

Ted A. said:
Distrubutor setup with the stock crank trigger?? Let me know how that works out, I have heard of many that have not had luck going that route.

I guess that depends on who is helping you ;)

V6gofast said:
Otto,

I can Help You With That Issue !!!!!

Dan Strezo
DLS Engine Development
219-956-3653

Dan thanks for posting,Came back today.
Thanks for taking care of that for me

Back