You can type here any text you want

I really hope he's kidding . . .

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
I really dont think he is kidding....To be honest, it's his car and he can ask what he wants. I don't understand why people critize others for what they do with there car. It might be a rediculous amount of money but sheesh Rant over :mad:

Jason

Quiky One said:
It might be a rediculous amount of money :mad:

Jason
Uhhh what he basically meant to say

HE has sold many cars on this board,all very pristine,,,,,,,,,,but come on lay off the pipe dude...................................................................... :p :p :p

Well the price is not that important (Buy it now price that is) as it's a Offer Price auction .... that way the seller (which we all should know ...) can get a high enough offer to let it go and can decide to sell or not and if someone use buy it now all I can say is congratulations !

I didnt even notice twobryans was selling it. Still though, it might be a lot of money but it's his car.

My $.02

Jason

I honestly hope he gets it. And hope people pick up on these like they have the GNX, which has been exploding in price.

Not because I don't want people to be able to afford these cars. Mostly a matter of principle since I love them so much. Would love to see them finally be recognized.

Guess you can't have both though eh? High value OR affordable to those of us who truely love the red-headed step child of GM.

It only takes one person with the cash and the desire to own history. I threw a huge number to a broker who wanted my car a few months ago and he bit. He obviously had a buyer in mind who would pay him more. Needless to say, I backed away from the deal. I haven't had a chance to enjoy the car yet. :D

Set the price higher and then take the higher offer that will follow. :cool: smart move on his part. I do it also and it works on a very nice car. If it dont sell he should have several "after auction offers"

Like src76ta said, It only takes one person with the cash......

I wish Bryan all of the luck in the world in obtaining that kind on money for that car, but it was on E-bay about 1.5-2 years ago and didn't even break $30k. As much as I would love to have one of these cars, especially a hardtop, they will never bring the bucks as in GNX territory. Regardless of #'s made, #'s left, original similiar window sticker price, or anything else. And those pictures are old. I asked for "more recent pictures" about 2 years ago and was told those were the pictures offered.

help me understand something, if the car is the same,what difference would it make how old the pictures are? :confused:

Drew: Just my personal $.02 worth here, and that's just me.
Exposure to elements: Even inside a garage. About the only thing that is not subject to exposure is something inside a bubble storage, protected from ultra-violet rays & heat of sun. Sort of like the difference between a car-port covered car and a garaged covered car. Big difference after a few years. Also, if you were selling a $30K car, and someone asked for recent pics, would you stake a $30K sale on a negative response? I know that you would not.

Drew L said:
quite reasonable

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Buic...hZ002QQitemZ4653685673QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

the actual and asking price of these cars has gone through the roof................twobryans is simply following suit

Where do you figure to compare the two cars? This was the only year of a GNX badged car and the last year that a Grand National was badged. Trans Am continued to be made for many years after the '89 TTA car was produced.

That means a whole heck of a lot more in the collector car market then 1550 copies of a limited production model of a car that was made for many years before and many years after.

Maybe now that the nameplate was killed it will help their values a little, but don't count on it reaching the potential of the GNX anytime soon.

If someone is silly enough to hit the BIN button or offer enough that he cannot say no, does not mean that it is worth it. Look at all the GNX's that are still sitting around because the sellers want way too much for them.

phillyturbosix said:
Damn! I can't believe someone clicked the "buy it now"!!!!
:D

Well, as of Saturday Night at 10:00PM, the Auction is STILL ON, so you are Incorrrect Sir!

As I have said before, I wish 2Bryans all the luck in the world in making this sale a reality, but...........
What's the best disclaimer that we have heard so far.............
Anybody recall the one where somebody was pretending to buy it now on a big $$ vehicle, & had all of the keys logged in excepting the enter key, and his dog, cat, or parakeet walked on the board, hitting the enter key.

Back