I wonder whose car THESE parts came off of

What the **** doest hat trunk say????!? l9ooks familiar.. i dont know about anything else in it though.. thats odd

Everything in the photos says 86 or 87 GN, even the blinder brake light package tray.

So which way did the stolen parts go? Is it really an 87 with an 81 VIN? Or an 81 with a TON of 87 parts?

Fishy, Fishy.

Originally posted by WakkoSS
And we wonder where all our stolen car parts go.

Why would your assume the parts are stolen? 15+ years after they were made leaves time for plenty of these cars to be wrecked, rusted-out, or simply used up with 200k miles.

Back in '89 when I saw complete disassembled '87 GN's laying on tarps at the Englishtwon swap meet, I was a little more suspect.

not all cars on ebay are stolen but that one makes me wonder.

theres a mechanic down here named vinney who has a nice gn clone that he put togeather useing factory parts, hes got grey racing stripes down the top with grand national on them it looks really cool but its sadly a 82 regal.

how can you asume these parts are stolen, i have enought parts in my garage to build 3 of these, and they were all from very legal parts cars. there are a lot of wrecked or rusted out cars that thoes parts could have come from.

Andy

but its sadly a 82 regal.

lol ok bad example, my sc is a 82 :(. i just dont like seeing that many clones like vinnys gn or my "t type" clone.

speaking of clones i pulled the wing off the sc the other day to clean it up and the last owner had put about 15 holes under it, looks like he tryed mounting it while he was drunk.

damm at lease some of you guy's have common sence!!!! there are a lot of parts cars out there!!!!! so not every damm car that comes up with GN parts is stolen.!!!! I have prob sold at least 20-30 GN rear ends over the years...out of those 2 were for Buicks..all the rest were for "G" body's.

Originally posted by Grumpy
damm at lease some of you guy's have common sence!!!! there are a lot of parts cars out there!!!!! so not every damm car that comes up with GN parts is stolen.!!!!

Are the parts cars Stolen Recoveries?

Yeah, accidents and flood damage happens, but ALOT of turbocars cars were stolen.:mad:

If you had been "treated" like WakkoSS was by an unscrupulous TR mechaninc, you would be bitter too.

suspect everyone and trust nobody, you never know whats behind a smile. .... but really with these cars saying it could be stolen is not some far fetched idea. If its really is an 81 the vin is also on the frame right?

mine are wrecks an rustbuckets...oh I did piece out a lot of new parts from my 10,508 mile TTA :p

Buicks really wern't that much of a theft car up here...in the 80's ya a little BUT for the last 10 years or so they havent...

Yea, all the parts are stolen but they deceided against a motor that made the GN what it was,and put a 350 in it. I agree you have to be careful, but if it were my car and you were accusing my cars parts to be stolen without knowing anything about the car , i'd be pissed.