You can type here any text you want

IAC issues...

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

macatoni

Buick Powered
Recently i was trying to reset my IAC and got quite confused. I opened up the tube to the throttle body and cleans the blade. Then it seems im supposed to clean it but i dont know weather it just threads in and i need a big wrench? I put the piping back togther and left the IAC dissconnected. I turned on the car and the idle was off. I backed the idle adjustment screw back and dropped the rpm but not by much. I had reconnected the IAC and set the TPS. After all this my IAC stays at around 70-85. Before it was between 30-40. I dont know exactly how to get it back to where it was? On 89tta.com it says to first put the car in diagnostic mode, how do i do that? But im still unclear on how to adjust it. The Idle screw is so backed out that the spring isnt keeping any tension on it. Also after this everyother time i start the car it instantly rev's to like 2000rpm as if it was cold and i just started it, and then slowly returns to idle....

Just looking for direction....
David

Back