You can type here any text you want

IAC question

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

dgreen1069

What would cause my IAC numbers to change from time to time? I set my IAC about a week ago to around 20-25. Today I noticed it had gone up to around 60. I again reset the IAC to 20-25. The car sat for a while, then I took it out again and noticed the IAC was between 50-60. Is this normal or do I have a problem?

The other thing I have noticed is that you are supposed to set the IAC then the TPS. I have found that the IAC #'s change when the TPS is changed. Is this normal? I have been using the instructions provided on GNTTYPE.ORG.

Changes

The TPS has a direct effect on the setting. Check for vacuum leaks I had the same issue.

Would a vac. leak affect the IAC #'s? Other than the wastegate sensor, where are the most common vacuum leak areas?

dgreen1069 said:
What would cause my IAC numbers to change from time to time? I set my IAC about a week ago to around 20-25. Today I noticed it had gone up to around 60. I again reset the IAC to 20-25. The car sat for a while, then I took it out again and noticed the IAC was between 50-60. Is this normal or do I have a problem?

The other thing I have noticed is that you are supposed to set the IAC then the TPS. I have found that the IAC #'s change when the TPS is changed. Is this normal? I have been using the instructions provided on GNTTYPE.ORG.

What are your BL's doing?. Too lean or too rich, and the idle may hunt a little and the IAC will try to compensate. If the Bls have changed, you might be chasing a vacuum leak.

Might try cleaning out the IAC, and it's passage ways. When they get enough carbon floating around in there that also can cause problems.

Back