You can type here any text you want

IAC question

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

"Turbo-T"

V6 on steroids
I've been told that if the Scanmaster reads 00 during engine operation it means the IAC is dead.

That is what mine reads only when the car is stoped and idling while at normal operating temp.

However the car still idles fine, except sometimes when cold the idle will flare up to around 2000 rpm for a few minutes and then comes down. The idling flaring up can happen during driving.

What should the IAC be reading at when the engine is idling at full operating temp?

I've been told that if the Scanmaster reads 00 during engine operation it means the IAC is dead.

That is what mine reads only when the car is stoped and idling while at normal operating temp.

However the car still idles fine, except sometimes when cold the idle will flare up to around 2000 rpm for a few minutes and then comes down. The idling flaring up can happen during driving.

What should the IAC be reading at when the engine is idling at full operating temp?

I'd say you got bad info. A 00 simply means the computer is trying to drop idle speed and it can't. Probably because the min air screw (often called idle screw) has the throttle blade open too far. Try to back it out a little bit, the reset TPS to .44 and see what happens. You have to make small adjustments constantly resetting TPS and shutting off the car to reset the IAC as you go. I like around 15 on the IAC warmed up in idle/park.

I'd say you got bad info. A 00 simply means the computer is trying to drop idle speed and it can't. Probably because the min air screw (often called idle screw) has the throttle blade open too far. Try to back it out a little bit, the reset TPS to .44 and see what happens. You have to make small adjustments constantly resetting TPS and shutting off the car to reset the IAC as you go. I like around 15 on the IAC warmed up in idle/park.

Also check for any vacuum leaks.

Back