You can type here any text you want

IAC reading 0 and no code

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

tta1401

My Scanmaster was reading 0 on the IAC setting. There are no codes showing. I tried to adjust it, knowing that probably wouldn't help and all that did was mess w/ the TPS. I knew that was going to happen. I know if some sensors or what nots are bad that sometimes it won't show up as a code. Could this be the case? How could I check this out? I almost think it is the IAC but also, the wiring harness going to it also is rubbing on the MAF pipe. I haven't gotten the extender harness yet. Could it be even the harness? Oh ya, how does this mess w/ the driveability of the car?

Sean

Originally posted by tta1401
My Scanmaster was reading 0 on the IAC setting. There are no codes showing. I tried to adjust it, knowing that probably wouldn't help and all that did was mess w/ the TPS. I knew that was going to happen. I know if some sensors or what nots are bad that sometimes it won't show up as a code. Could this be the case? How could I check this out? I almost think it is the IAC but also, the wiring harness going to it also is rubbing on the MAF pipe. I haven't gotten the extender harness yet. Could it be even the harness? Oh ya, how does this mess w/ the driveability of the car?

Why adjust it?.
0 means the idle speed is high enough without it having to make a correction.
The Scanmaster is showing a commanded value.

0-10-20 IAC counts at idle are personal preferences.
I like 0.

Back