IAC rebuildable/testable???

that guy

Think I have an issue that I have been dealing with for a while sorted out. Car runs fine, it even idles OK. Not great but OK.

On my scanmaster my IAC has never been less than 75 at idle. I have checked for leaks time and time again. Even borrowed a friends boost leak detector. I found 3 leaks, fixed them all and the car still idles at IAC at 75. BLMs are a little off at 132.

Played with the IAC, and the throttle stop screw. I could get it down to 20-30, but it would never stay there. Get the IAC numbers going down and they would just keep going down. Get the numbers going back up and they wouldn't stop going up. I was doing very small increments, like 1/12th of a turn at a time on the screw. Took the IAC off, pulled the spring and screw out, cleaned them up. Cleaned out where the screw goes with a q-tip, still no changes in IAC.

I have never seen it firsthand or have a wealth of knowledge on them
but it appears to me that A: IACmotors quit working in them. or B: The plastic that the screw turns in wears out.

Anything thing else I missed or didn't check?

Are they testable? Are they rebuildable? I don't like to throw parts at car problems but thought I would ask before I do.

Why do you think it is bad? Is it maintaining the correct idle rpm? Are you readjusting your tps everytime you move the throttle stop? The IAC is not rebuildable but can be tested. There is a test box available to test them.