You can type here any text you want

Iac

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

nwarky

Ever since I replaced the stock injectors with 60's, I havce a had a "hard start/stalling" issue. To start it I have always had to give it gas or else it would not start. Also at stoplights the car would stall half the time. I would have to put it in neutral until the light turned green. So while in BG I bought a new IAC motor and replaced it today. I also reset the tps before starting it. On the first startup, it started great with me not having to give it gas. We then set the IAC to 10 in park and shut it off. Then I restarted it and the problem is back. The IAC's went to around 70 and stayed there. This is with the adjustment screw all the way in. It still wants to stall at traffic lights too. Any suggestions as to what the problem is. I really need this problem sorted out. Thanks for the help.

IAC is controlled by the chip. I would suspect a chip issue. Or maybe not enough fuel pressure.

And if you open the TB, it will bring the number to zero. Possible your TPS could be off as well. I notice you mess with screws without saying TPS recalibrated.

So.. to bring you to a starting point, adjust the TB screw so the blade is cracked open quite a bit. This will make the car idle high, and the IAC go to zero. From this point start closing the TB and reset the TPS everytime you make a change. Keeping it at .38-.46.

Keep an eye on your BL numbers at idle for fueling problems. Maybe you got a set of bad injectors... If the car worked fine with the old injectors, you may want to put those in and get it running correctly.. then swap the 60's back on.. changing parts digs a bigger hole.

Does that that explain why the IAC resets after once startup though? After I installed the new IAC it was at 14 in park. Then after another startup it was back to 70.

Thanks

Originally posted by nwarky
[Ever since I replaced the stock injectors with 60's, I havce a had a "hard start/stalling" issue.

nwarky, I saw Razors reply but it didn't quite satisfy me. You need to have at least Turbolink to get this setting correct. You need to put the car in drive (emergency brake on and chalks in front of the tires) after you reset the IAC and TPS to adjust the idle. The idle needs to come down to 500 rpm +- 50. Then you recheck the TPS and re-adjust as needed. Go to this link and it will explain. http://www.89tta.com/airrate.htm

Back