You can type here any text you want

Iac

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

nwarky

(I hate to post the same thing in different sections of the board but maybe someone will know) Ever since I replaced the stock injectors with 60's, I havce a had a "hard start/stalling" issue. To start it I have always had to give it gas or else it would not start. Also at stoplights the car would stall half the time. I would have to put it in neutral until the light turned green. So while in BG I bought a new IAC motor and replaced it today. I also reset the tps before starting it. On the first startup, it started great with me not having to give it gas. We then set the IAC to 10 in park and shut it off. Then I restarted it and the problem is back. The IAC's went to around 70 and stayed there. This is with the adjustment screw all the way in. It still wants to stall at traffic lights too. Any suggestions as to what the problem is. I really need this problem sorted out. Thanks for the help.

Well the minimum air screw sounds really off and if that's what it takes to get the IAC reading down to 10 its strange. All the cars I've ever adjusted there was only about 1 to 1.5 threads of the screw showing on the tip that touches the throttle lever for a warmed IAC value in the 10 to 30 range.
When you shut a car off the IAC will return to a park setting commanded in the chip so once you restart, it will take a few seconds to reach its leveled off running value but I imagine you've driven the car and continue to have this problem. What is your TPS set at now? In your post you say you reset the TPS then started the car and set the IAC to 10 and if you used the min air screw to do this then the TPS will need to be reset again unless you did reset the TPS again and just didn't include in the post.

Sorry not much help here but I would start backing the min air screw back out w/ the car fully warmed and see what the IAC value does, of course the TPS will fall but shouldn't matter until you see what the IAC is doing then you can reset it. You shouldn't need that much min air to keep the car running and have a decent IAC value. Its not manditated that it be in a 10-30 range as long as it can adjust up and down enough to compensate for all idle situations.

I reset the TPS before the IAC change. Then reset again everytime it changed. This weekend I'm putting helicoils in the plenum screws. TPS=.44-.46

Back