You can type here any text you want

Idle Issue

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Guy guys... I just need a suggestions regarding my idle issue.

I do not own a "scanmaster" tool as of yet and am planning to eventually get one... but not in a month. My car 89 TTA is pretty much stock (40,000) miles with original chip. The car on start up idles in park at 1500 rpm.. put in drive it drops to 950-1000 rpms. I have checked for vacuum leaks and the basic issues that would normally raise idle speed... and even switched chips (Thrasher 92).. no change in high idle. The car is guzzling premium gas :mad: and it kinda "cruizes" down the road at about 15 mph if you let up off the gas..it's really weird--- it's like Mr Ghost Cruize control... . I have also noticed on some "hot/humid" days...the car will actually idle correctly-- Park 1000, Drive- 650 ish... really strange.

Either then that (fuel econ issue)..the car runs great performance wise at WOT. I don't drive this car very much..hence I haven't put as much time into it as I should (no scanmaster yet).

My first guess will be a TPS check 1st with Voltmeter and IAC Adjust 2nd... I have access through a friend to mechanic scanner..but before I bother him...I would like to have an idea of what I am lookin for.

Any suggest is much appreciated. :)

Guy guys... I just need a suggestions regarding my idle issue. My first guess will be a TPS check 1st with Voltmeter and IAC Adjust 2nd... I have access through a friend to mechanic scanner..but before I bother him...I would like to have an idea of what I am lookin for.

Any suggest is much appreciated. :)

Yes that would be the first ones to check. Next would be the MAF. You will need a scanner for sure. Do a few searches on tps and iac settings. They are all there.

Back