You can type here any text you want

idle issues

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

the wrath

are these cars supposed to idle rough or what when i first start it up it runs rough then smooths out just a little everything has been changed coil module wires plugs cr43ts at .35 it is a 87 gn mostly stock except for 17 pound chip pte,k and n filter 81,000 miles on it after it warms up if you open the hood the engine shakes

maf will make it run like that i dont have another one to try on it i know one thing i can put the pedal to the floor it will pick up speed fast but at wot it picks up speed slow tps is set correctly fuel pressure with stock 233 reg is 30-32 with line off i doesnt live up to the gn name it needs help on the expressway when the tcc locks up i cannot pass anyone if i put the pedal to the floor it picks up speed very slow unless i press the brake first then the tcc unlocks and then i can pass someone put it isnt great

Originally posted by the wrath
maf will make it run like that i dont have another one to try on it i know one thing i can put the pedal to the floor it will pick up speed fast but at wot it picks up speed slow tps is set correctly fuel pressure with stock 233 reg is 30-32 with line off i doesnt live up to the gn name it needs help on the expressway when the tcc locks up i cannot pass anyone if i put the pedal to the floor it picks up speed very slow unless i press the brake first then the tcc unlocks and then i can pass someone put it isnt great

How are the other shifts? What you described about the highway the trans isn't shifting properly, you should be able to make it downshift just by giving more throtle.

Have you checked the TV cable adjustment. If it is way out of adjustment it can affect all the shifts.

When I bought my sonoma, the trans wouldn't downshift out of overdrive even with I went to WOT. Also it didn't shift correctly on the other shift and the truck was real slow accelerating. After I adjusted the TV cable it was night and day difference.

Check gnttype.org for the tv cable adjustment procedure.

My WE4 also idles crappy with cold (after it goes to closed loop it idles better), but I have only owned it a week, and havn't had enough time to check things like the tps or IAC. I have spring break coming up so I will have more time then.

Have you tried switching chips? I tried another chip I had and it made it idle alot better, some chips don't idle was well as others.

Scott

Back