Idle speed anomalies...

S10xGN

RETIRED!
What would make my idle speed jump up 500 when I put it in gear? My chip (Lubrant) idles at 1000 in park - when I put it in gear with my foot off it idles at 1500??? :confused: I've got some other idle issues too: With an OEM MAF, it wants to die out on decel after a high speed runup, with an aftermarket MAF the idle recovers nicely (each MAF has 1 screen)??? :confused: When it cranks up from cold, the idle starts out at 1500 for about 30 secs, then drops slooowly to it's normal idle speed??? :confused: Are these all things that can be addressed by PTE?

Thanks!

For the idle up in drive I would take a look at your TPS setting. .46+ will do as you describe.

As for the startup flare, thats how the stock cal works. Each shutdown the ECM resets anticipating a cold start. At next key on, the ECM takes a temp reading and puts the IAC at the amount of "counts" set in the warm restart IAC table. many people leave this alone unless theres a problem/complaint. Myself as well. I have however addressed this for many people at their request. Its a matter of resetting where the IAC "parks" in relation to temperature.

Get with Joe or Harry, its a 5 minute fix in the chip.

park value

Jim,
Is this the value of 96 at 0x64F? Would the lowering of this value give you less rpm rise upon startup?

Thanks,
Mark
87GN

Well, I have:

$364F $60
$366E $50
$36B1 $88
$36B2 $88
$36B3 $72
$36B4 $5E

In my notes. I dont recall which part was the ticket as I do all of that. It was a try this...noo...try this...no...try this...ahh..better, try some more, ahhh yes...much better kinda thing.

HTH

thanks

Thanks Jim, I may do a littler tinkering in those areas and see if I can find something I like.
Mark
87GN