You can type here any text you want

illegal races

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

85 TR

I finally tuned my car a bit at 14psi and got the balls to go out to the races one friday night . what a joke I sat at a track for 45 minutes and watched a ss monte beat everything but an LSI wich pulled two car lengths on him and never ran again. So i decided to run and then leave and since it was all slow rice and the monte running i raced him . puled about four car lenghs on him easy.after gaining a little confidence from this I hung around and watched the monte blow the doors off of a 89 GT mustang so I immedeatly jumped in my car to go try to get my first 5.0 kill, but it got busted the next race..hopefully i get the chance to race one at the track that is stock or just slower than my car ,I have always wanted to beat a 5.slow?

bye the way the monte had a 350 no crap 305 ,but no race motor either just headers (open),a carter 625, and a edelbroke performer intake so maybee 14.8? not much to brag about beating but he seemed he hung with that LSI ok

conclusion ,if your car is as slow as mine and your tired of of feeling slow at the track take the chance and go run at the illegal races this will definitly boost your confidence in your car.

I don't know about where you live but here the illegal (street) races are full of fast cars. Take mine for example. I only get one trip down the strip because I don't have a roll cage so I would rather go street racing. I don't race in traffic or on the interstates. I don't race ricers just to prove I have a beast of a car or that they don't. I race for the shear competition and late at night on deserted streets where I consider it safe.

better be packing at least a high 11sec ride in my area or noone will raise an eyebrow to you nevermind want to race you.

14.8 is about what 5.0's run stock. So if it was a poorly maintained 5.0 that is very believable.

Almost all the Mustangs and F-bodies that street race around here have at least one power adder, the most popular of course being nitrous. Stock cars don't stand much of a chance.

HEY FELLAS, good job supporting your fellow buick owner maybee I did not make it clear in my sig I have added an adjustable fuel press reg , fuel pump ,and hot wire since the 14.81 ,and tuned my car with turbo link at 14 psi . If you notice in my sig I ran an untuned 13 psi to a 14.81. I know this is slow sorry? Maybee ill post what I run next week at the track if i go faster . I f not ill sell the car.

There are plenty of fast cars in washington they just dont run at the illegals they watch.

I dont think they are attacking you, just stating that the street races in Washington are not typical with the rest of the world.

At 14psi your car may have been in the low 14's high 13's. My car ran 14.2 at 16psi (forgot to turn wastegate up)

You should have bet some money before racing. Now they know you are faster and you are screwed

85 TR cant you turn up the boost to say 16-17 psi being that you have an intercooler and a 33 turbo? i dont see why you couldnt run the bottom of the 13s with ease. keep us posted!

What stall converter and injectors do you have? I ran a 14.8 with a blown turbo inlet gasket 6psi of boost thru the exhaust. The car was pretty much stock.

Back