Im from the eastern MA Area,need help on loczting engine.

D

Darrens89Z

Doing a swap on a thridgen camaro.But I am having trouble tracking down a 3.8 liter turbo engine.Anyone have one for sale,or know of places that stock them?Thanks

I noticed you're from Fall River, I'm right down 195 in E. Freetown(right next to Darthmouth). If you're looking for a Turbo Buick motor, your best bet is to contact Cotton's Performance. Their # is 1-413-789-0531, and ask for Jack. If there's anything I can help you with just e-mail me.

Jacob

Originally posted by ONLYA6
I noticed you're from Fall River, I'm right down 195 in E. Freetown(right next to Darthmouth). If you're looking for a Turbo Buick motor, your best bet is to contact Cotton's Performance. Their # is 1-413-789-0531, and ask for Jack. If there's anything I can help you with just e-mail me.

Jacob
I have never delt with Cottons.I am looking for a complete motor like with all the acceceosies,in other words a whole motor to be able to swap in.I might be interested in a motr that need rebuilding.I deal with Reids in Whitman.Thanks for any help

It would probably be in your best interest to go to someone who specializes in Turbo Buicks. It's my understanding that Reid's deals mostly with Chevrolet motors. Believe me when I tell you, there's a huge difference between a Chevy 350 and a 3.8 turbo motor. Call Cotton and see what he's got in stock, 1-413-789-0531.

Jacob

Thanks guys.I will call your friend this sunday or monday.
OnlyA6,do you go to Cottons often?If you can help me out in any way I would appreciate it very much.I am very familer with the TPi and Chevy motors.This is a whole new game to me,I dont knwo where to start,dont know what I need or what to get.Cottons stocks complete used stock Gn engine?If they do thats just what I want.My current motor I was having problems with the emmisions,well I took everything off ,that doesnt help me since mass now uses the dyno testing.I sold all my stuff and want to got this route over my previous engine.I thingk i can build a reliable and fast and emmisions compliant motor much easier than I had before.Am I dreaming here or am I on the right track.Thanks for any info.:)

Cotton's does rebuilds and should have engines available for you.

He specializes in these cars and he is in Mass. :)