I'm getting excited!!!

John N

I've been coming home on the weekends from college to work on my 87 T. There were some bugs with the car when I first got it like a bad wastegate solenoid not allowing the boost to build up, oil leaks, and a bad MAF just to name a few.

Anyway, this weekend I received some packages. I got my big-ass front mount intercooler, 4" intake pipe, boost control valve, and a deep oil pan from RJC. I got the intercooler and the valve in. The 4" intake doesn't fit unless I get an angled IAC mount and maybe a spacer for the plenum which I forgot about so I may not be able to use that. The oil pan I just decided I'd let the shop do next weekend.

Next weekend the car is going to be trailered to Anderson's shop where it is getting XFI, 83# injectors, a wide band O2, dyno tuning and a few other things that weren't included in his package deal that was posted here.

The XFI completely eliminates the MAF, the boost control valve bypasses the broken wastegate solenoid, and the new oil pan shouldn't leak. Once everything is done in about 2 weeks there should be no more issues with the car mechanically. I'm hoping for low 11s or high 10s if I can get it to the track this fall. Previous best was a 12.80 at 109 spinning with some serious issues. I think I'm probably going to break a few things, but screw it, I have all winter to fix whatever it may be.

I can't wait to get it back and race it. I'm going to try to get my Dad to go to the track with his Procharged C6 Vette so I can stomp him!

Here's a few pics of the work in progress...

FMIC1.jpg

FMIC2.jpg

FMIC3nice.jpg