im new here

the_pilot

i very recentle acuired a 1980 tta. im having trouble with the exhaust manifold bolts. the type of trouble that requires drilling and tapping.......is there a better way to do this or does the heads have to come off to fix them.

im not a pontiac guy, this is my first.:confused:

I won't say that it CAN'T be done, but... I'm pretty adept at getting frozen/broken bolts out of some pretty strange places and sometimes (I,m betting this is one of those!) you'll have less grief AND time just pulling the heads in the first place. Good Luck

If you know someone that is good with a torch you can get broken bolts or studs "cut" out of the head without damage to the threads in the head. All you have to do afterwards is run a tap through the hole to clear out any slag left in there.

well i think ill just pull the heads off.

i ended damaging the exhaust manifold on the passenger sude of the car tonight, anyone have a spare one????

i think ill have the heads ported and larger valves put in, maybe that will wake up this thing.

anyone know if there is a lager turbo available for this car and what is it and where can i get it......

thanks