I'm seriously considering selling my under 6k mile TTA...

Wells said:
FWIW & IMHO:
This is a very bad time to be looking at TTA's.
A 27K mile TTA just got appraised on the east coast for $ 28K.
But that would mean its a sellers market and a very good time to be selling...which it ain't cause the value should only go up from here.
And to my knowledge, a 27k mile TTA has never brought that kind of $$ so the appraisal means nothing of current prices. I've seen less than 1k mile cars bring a lot less recently. The appraisal does however reflect the prices to come :) Just my opinion.

Wells said:
FWIW & IMHO:
Need to give everybody some time for their hat size to shrink back to normal.
Let's see: a 27K mile TTA appraised at $ 28K, so, okay, that means that Dave's 6K mile hardtop TTA is only worth, hhmm.
J/K, Dave.

Gary,
It is actually 4K miles on the Hardtop.

27K miles @ $28K. Get out of here...

- Dave

davege said:
Gary,
It is actually 4K miles on the Hardtop.

27K miles @ $28K. Get out of here...

- Dave
---------------------------------------------
I forgot whether your mileage on the hardtop was 4+ or 5+, and was thinking that it was 5K+, but just under 6K. Oops, my bad. Considering I am not selling, I just use a standard average when discussing mileage. And the 27K mileage TTA that was just appraised at $ 28K. True story, belongs to "Phillyturbosix", alias Jim Charude, over on T6P. That appraisal is something that really defines the saying, "Something is only worth what it can be sold for". I believe that Jim had the appraisal done for insurance and loss against theft purposes.
http://www.t6p.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7758

And, yes, this is definitely a seller's market currently. Just be thankful that there are very few virtually very few "no mileage" GN's, T-Type's, Turbo-T's
out there for sale currently, and that is definitely driving the value of TTA's upwards.

Wells said:
FWIW & IMHO:
Need to give everybody some time for their hat size to shrink back to normal.
Let's see: a 27K mile TTA appraised at $ 28K, so, okay, that means that Dave's 6K mile hardtop TTA is only worth, hhmm.
J/K, Dave.

hahahahahahaha.... I see that a lot on cars for sale ... NOT only TTAs but other older cars ... appraisel's don't mean crap !!!! Like my Dad allways said CASH rules :eek: .... pay the cash and take it in the same day !! Just did that with my GNX !!! Can't let people think about it because a lot of them get cold feet !! wam bamm thank you mamm :p :eek:

Everybody is looking for a TTA

maybe i better post mine for sale with all this interest in them :p

sell em while they r hot..... :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

wish my daddy was a millionair...i would by em all up...and then charge $5 just for a peak.... :cool: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

mines for sale if anyone is interested.

10k miles......and a few mods including Razors kit. (all bolt on. nothing that would affect value)

21k sounds like a fair price.

:cool:

Grumpy said:
TTAs were never good seller's even when NEW !! I personally would sell it because you don't use it BUT if ya have someplace to just let it sit and don't need the $$$$ .... wellllllll ... I did the same with a 66 Shelby Conv ... drove it the summer of 1976 . Car has 20 something k on it :eek: :biggrin:
Have you kept it up? I have a friend with a 70 Shelby GT500 ragtop with impeccable credentials, and this car has ben rotting away since 1989. Fiberglass and paint , interior too are going south. Motor hasn't run since '91. I'd hate to see TTAs in the same straits, but....

83ttypecooled said:
Have you kept it up? I have a friend with a 70 Shelby GT500 ragtop with impeccable credentials, and this car has ben rotting away since 1989. Fiberglass and paint , interior too are going south. Motor hasn't run since '91. I'd hate to see TTAs in the same straits, but....

yup still have it ... havent used it since 1976 or 77 ...rust free Cali car ... 26k ish for milage :eek: TTA are goin to take your friends Shelby's root !! I am sure of that !! :eek: tell your buddy I am interested in his car :wink:

Attachments

• shlb1.jpg
    shlb1.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 196
TTAfreak said:
mines for sale if anyone is interested.

10k miles......and a few mods including Razors kit. (all bolt on. nothing that would affect value)

21k sounds like a fair price.

:cool:

...not 2 be rude....

your bit high on price....I have 4 in waiting all with less mileage than yours...and $2k-$4k less....just that the locations are all killers for these garage queens.....except one thats 4 hr drive... ;)

has anybody noticed the person on ebay buying most of the nice ones up on ebay...??...he been bidding and winning at least 4 in the last 3 months...

he is hoarding TTA's and GTA's as well...maybe store em all for 4-5 years and zap em on ebay....he doesnt realize the economy and gas prices are on a sour note...and worsening...

hahahahahahehehahhahahahehehahahahhaah

I almost wet myself, 27k and $28k.

Whatever they want pass it along its obviously good stuff :)

Maybe a no mileage never titled hermatically selaed from day one car might get that, might.

Geez, appraisers like that are like the oil traders who are gouging us for $60+ a barrel. There is no shortage, unless dumb people think there could be or a might have or a what if.

Did I mention my friend the chicken told me the sky was falling. Went out and got me insurance agasint sky falling

later :)
Jeremy

3.8TransAM said:
Did I mention my friend the chicken told me the sky was falling. Went out and got me insurance agasint sky falling

later :)
Jeremy

Is it raining 28k TTA's ???? Better get that ins policy out :rolleyes: :eek: :p

TTA's or any other car is worth whatever the buyer is willing to pay. Appraisals, I'd have to agree with Grumpy just a piece of paper. But, if it make the owner sleep better then more power to them. ;)

Since we are all on the subject, what do you think a 16k mile Festival car (cloth/t-tops) would fetch to the right buyer?...it's a solid 9 out of 10 car with basic bolt on mods, original tires, all original parts boxed etc...
At this point I would trade it + $$$ for a ZR1, ZO6, 1980's 911 turbo Porsche, or a Supra turbo.

Mine is #14 produced, something like #140 something on the track at Indy. It's written in a green grease pencil under the license plate, I can't remember for sure right now.

Joe,
Mine is build number 90 and had an Indy number of #130. It was loaned out to Bob Tezak from UNO (UNO Card Game). Bob was the team owner of Arye Luyendyk's car.

- Dave

You guys are lucky. In Sweden people dont give a **** if this is a collector car or not... For them its just a ordinary GTA, with another engine.
I think that it would be hard for me to get much more than 12-13 k for my 21 k mile car. It has some bolt ons, but can be turned to stock rather easy.

Daniel