You can type here any text you want

In-dash mini-volt meter...

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

toofastforyou

2FAST4U
I installed a neat mini-volt meter in the pod on the side of the speedometer (where the idiot lights are). See how it looks below, "almost factory"…(you can choose to install it in whichever slot you want). :)
The first picture shows the pod unlit, the second shows it lit and the third shows a similar installation in my friend's ("MAXSIX")'s car but as you can see, he chose to install his in the lower left corner where the "low fuel" light would normally be, but I decided to put mine in the second slot of the right side corner where in the unused the "washer fluid" slot because the "low fuel" light is functional on my car.(y)

Claude. ;)
DSCN4723.JPG DSCN4722.JPG photo.JPG

Last edited:
I installed a neat mini-volt meter in the pod on the side of the speedometer (where the idiot lights are). See how it looks below, "almost factory"…(you can choose to install it in whichever slot you want). :)
The first picture shows the pod unlit, the second shows it lit and the third shows a similar installation in my friend's ("MAXSIX")'s car but as you can see, he chose to install his in the lower left corner where the "low fuel" light would normally be, but I decided to put mine in the second slot of the right side corner where in the unused the "washer fluid" slot because the "low fuel" light is functional on my car.(y)

Claude. ;)
View attachment 265660 View attachment 265661 View attachment 265662

More info please!! Part number, how you insalled it, where it's wired to, etc. etc.

More info please!! Part number, how you insalled it, where it's wired to, etc. etc.
Ok here we go:
1° The meter comes from here: http://www.mcmelectronics.com/product/ADAFRUIT-INDUSTRIES-460-/21-12395
2° Like I said in my initial post, once you chose into which unused slot you want it, unscrew the bezel out (two screws, one at the top and one at the bottom). Then using an x-acto knife or a file you have to carefully "mill" the top and bottom of the slot you chose in the bezel to widen it a little (because the meter is a tad wider). If you use the x-acto knife method, scrape the plastic (from side-to-side) to make just enough room so the meter will fit tight it the slot. Also don't forget to make a little groove to route the wire. Then using some "Crazy Glue" (cyanoacrylate glue) permanently secure the meter into the slot, making it flush with the front edge of the bezel.
3° Now here's the most "tricky part", the lens. You have to take your time and be VERY CAREFUL with that lens or you'll ruin it and have to find a new one. So at the back of the lens using some acetone and a clean cotton rag, VERY CAREFULLY rub the desired slot (in my case the "washer fluid" slot) to remove the color (yellow for me) of the lens and black lettering. To make sure not to damage the other slots and wording in the lens, I covered them with masking tape. When you're done, it's very likely that the lens will have become matte or "blurry" so to make it clear, I used some Meguiar's wax to polish it and make it clear again. (You can also use that method on the front of the lens to remove minor scratches.) Last, I used some black paint to fill in the clear part on each side of the lens left unused by the volt meter which is narrower than the whole lens.
4° The wiring has to be lengthened a bit so it'll reach under the dash. Of course the black wire goes to a good ground and the red one to ( this is important) a switched 12V. source. Reinstall the bezel into it's place and you're done! (y)
That's about it…
If you have any questions, feel free to "pm" me.

Claude. :)

Last edited:
THANKS!!!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk.[emoji252]

There is a sticky for this mod in the How To section. I used a 3 wire unit so I could monitor volts directly at the battery. Bought it off amazon or eBay, can't remember, but had to wait 2 weeks to get it from China. Installed it 6 months ago. Quit working 2 weeks ago.

Back