Indexing

Jeff Rand

I recently bought a suspension seminar DVD and they discussed indexing the screws on the rear wheel. What they were referring to was positioning the inside and outside screws so that were in the same position (mirror image of each other). Offsetting the screws could put a diagonal (instead of a horizontal pattern across the face of the slick) stress on the slick as it launches. This would could make the car move either left of right.
This was something that I never thought about but makes perfect sense; so I figured I would pass it along.
Jeff

I recently bought a suspension seminar DVD and they discussed indexing the screws on the rear wheel. What they were referring to was positioning the inside and outside screws so that were in the same position (mirror image of each other). Offsetting the screws could put a diagonal (instead of a horizontal pattern across the face of the slick) stress on the slick as it launches. This would could make the car move either left of right.
This was something that I never thought about but makes perfect sense; so I figured I would pass it along.
Jeff

Thanks Jeff,
I geard of indexing before but it was spark plugs, making all spark plug gaps face same direction.
Dave