Industrial grade E98

SS Laser

So can you guys tell me if I can use industrial grade E98? It is call ethanol 200
I lost my guy who was getting me regular gas mix E98. Thanks for any info. Or if you have questions just fire away.

Take care.

You may very well be fine with it but I think you should find out what the denaturant is (the 2%). If it is methanol (most common for industrial and medical grade) then it will be ok. If it is MEK (methyl ethyl ketone- sometimes used) then I am not aware of it's impact on your system (I know little about MEK).

One thing I am pretty sure of is that it is unlikely to contain corrosion inhibitor and ph may be something other than fuel grade E98's phe (ph equiv) of 7. This will not be an issue unless you left some aluminum or certain soft metals that either methanol or acids could attack. In fuel grade they also watch for/control levels of other things such as chlorides but I doubt this will be a problem for you with industrial grade.

Once you know what the denaturant is then you will be able to better blend it to match what you had previously tuned for.

Thanks for your input. I was using regular E98 cut with gas. Tested it with a quickfuel tester to comeout about right on. Also here is the info I have for the industrial grade ethanol:

Isopropanol
Methanol
Methyl Isobutyl Ketone

Here is what the MSDS says for a weight percentage.
ethanol; ethyl alcohol = 85%
propan-2-ol;isopropyl alcohol;isopropanol; = 9%
methanol; = 4%
4-methylpentan-2-one; isobutyl methyl ketone = 1%

SO what do ya think. I don't want to have any problems with this. So if I can't find a definite answer i will keep looking around.

Thanks for the help!