Industry pricing, just a thought..A must read thread

Re: I have told you before how I thought you learned well

Originally posted by WE4
..... However, in the back of your mind you knew that if it didnt work it was on you and you would assume the loss of the money and the time. If something didnt work out, again, more money and time. But this all you were well aware of and learned to do correctly and can advise people wisely. You happened to win twice.
You are ABSOULTLY right, I did always have in the back of my mind if I did fail that I would create it up and send it to Sac. CA. and have it done right and pay what I need to pay... again... knowing full well that it was my loss... but LUCKALY I won ... this time!

Originally posted by WE4
However, How long did it actually take you in time, meaning, from the day and the hour you started to research your little trans adventure,the organization and decision making on the puter, time reading and researching , till the time it was filled with oil and fired.
With a hourly wage of 20.00 an hour, Tell me how much "fictional money" went into this trans. Bet at 20.00 an hour it scares the hell out of alot of people :eek: and...... we havent even talked about parts yet!! :eek:

You are Sooooo! right again, this is the scarey part, The $1200 I mentioned I have in my tranny was just strictly parts, and as for the time spent researching, reading, organization and decision making on the trans was right around a year, so I couldn't even begin to guess how many hours went into that? But the time spent in actual assemblely after aquireing trans, parts and knowledge (and I didn't keep track of actual hours and probably should have) was about 3 weeks of say an average of 3hr. a day even though week days may have only been an hour or two and some 8hr. on the weekends, still an average of 3hr. a day for 3 weeks is about 60hr. total and at a $20 an hour is another $1200 in labor!!! So see I could have not only went with one of yours but I could have went with the Xtreme 2004R Killer Street/Strip and saved $ and what I have now doesn't even compare to that.... hrmmmm.... now let me think about that for min........ okay..... maybe you want to make a swap with me, I have an excellkant tranny I'd be willing to trade ya... LOL! :rolleyes: Anyway your point is an extremely valid one, which like you said I knew when doing it I would have more into it than it is worth but that was my decision and well worth the learning experiance to me, BTW thanx, again for all your help! :D

PS. for those of you that don't get it, the point is, I have $2400 into a trans, parts and labor that doesn't even compare to the professionally done Xtreme 2004R Killer Street/Strip for the same price. Kinda make me wonder anyway how he can do it for that price and make $?

EXACTLY!

Quote by HOTTOGO
"PS. for those of you that don't get it, the point is, I have $2400 into a trans, parts and labor that doesn't even compare to the professionally done Xtreme 2004R Killer Street/Strip for the same price. Kinda make me wonder anyway how he can do it for that price and make $?"

And, we only used 20.00 an hour. In our little sample build. Labor rate is 70.00@hr
And you dont even have that 25K a month overhead!!!!

Doesnt that just suck? My point exactly......

Bruce
WE4

And .. dont sell yourself short as far as "doesnt even compare to a professionally done Xtreme trans." ( that is a crock)
Sounds to me with the time, care, attention to detail and where you sourced your info and guidence, You got every bit of a professional build, that in the end , works great! What more could you ask for? excellent job Mark, excellent job! :D

Thank You

I think everyone who reads this forum needs to thank Bruce for his insight and help on transmission problems.Where else can you have an expert give you help and pointers.On the other hand it is some of the most efficient advertising he could do.I just wish he was in my area.I live in Pa. but I have found out that I have not 1 but 4 very well known transmission experts within driving distance.Bruce

Re: Re: I have told you before how I thought you learned well

Originally posted by HOTTOGO

PS. for those of you that don't get it, the point is, I have $2400 into a trans, parts and labor that doesn't even compare to the professionally done Xtreme 2004R Killer Street/Strip for the same price. Kinda make me wonder anyway how he can do it for that price and make $? [/B]

I'm not sure if it applys here because you can't mass produce custom hot rod parts but some companies "mass produce" prducts on an assembly line which means they can make several in the same time/cost it takes to make one. I would think Bruce has to be doing this in some capacity unless he's stealing the parts and works people without paying them. :D He he. Just kidding. :D Just make sure you save one for me when my 4L60E goes kaput. :D

Re: EXACTLY!

Originally posted by WE4
..... And .. dont sell yourself short as far as "doesnt even compare to a professionally done Xtreme trans." ( that is a crock)
Sounds to me with the time, care, attention to detail and where you sourced your info and guidence, You got every bit of a professional build, that in the end , works great! What more could you ask for? excellent job Mark, excellent job! :D

Thanx, for the vote of confidense, just to clairfy this "doesnt even compare to a professionally done Xtreme 2004R Killer Street/Strip trans." was in referance to the components installed in the "2004R Killer Street/Strip" compared to mine which is comperable to the "Xtreme 2004R Killer Street Econo" in internals, I do believe mine to be a quality build, due in most part to you and your "strenthening a 200-4R" work of art post, also I am like you when it come to attention to detail and for that matter I have the same problem you have with not being able to help myself when it come to problem solveing... LOL!

PS. Thank GOD I don't have the overhead you do.... he he he! :eek: