You can type here any text you want

Infinity Kappa or Reference

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

ratboy

I'm installing an Alpine CDA-7894 in my Monte Carlo. I will not be using an external amp on my front dash or rear speakers. I may install two 10" subs and amp later on.

My question is.... Do I need Infinity Kappa or Reference 3.5"s and 6"x9" speakers? I know Kappa are better speakers but will I notice any difference between the two since I will not be using an amp on the speakers?

Is an amp needed for the dash and rear speakers to sound good?

As long as you have a good internal amp in the head unit, you should get good sound from your mids and highs. Its the lows (bass) that need the higher amplification of an external amp.

Kappas will handle more power, and I believe they have a better (3yr) warranty vs. the reference(1yr). The best decision for you, is to audition them at a car audio place. If you can't hear the difference in a sound wall, you wont hear it in your car. (unless they have a huge difference in off-axis response, which they likely wont, but thats a whole 'nother can of worms.)

Back