You can type here any text you want

Infinity Reference Speakers

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

DCVING 6

Just posted this in the lounge, forgot that there was a car audio section on the board.

I'm looking for new speakers for the daily driver and was wondering if anyone had luck with the Infinity Reference line. I need 4x6 plate for up front and 6x9 in the rear... Looking at the 5010cs and 6412cfp. I will be running them off of a regular aftermarket headunit (haven't picked yet) which should be rated at 50x4 as most are.

Infinity to me is OK. They don't build them like they use to. My preference is European speaker manufactors. MB quarts is compeditive to Infinity's prices. The rest listed below is no cheap.

MB Quart (Germany)
Dynaudio (Denmark)
Focal (France)
Morrel (Isreal)

I don't believe 4x6's will fit in the dash. They are 3 1/2's. I second the MB Quarts. Heard a set of the 3 1/2's in a Toyota truck just the other day. Not sure of the model, the guy did pay $100 for the set at a huge warehouse type place here in Louisville. :eek: I believe they're worth the price, though, seeings they sound better than the Infinity Ref. 6.5's in my GF car, and we paid more than $100 for those.

I believe he said he was looking for the daily driver, not sure what that is.

If a 4x6 plate will fit, I actually have a NIB pair of reference 4x6 plates (the seperate 4" and tweeters) If you are interested. I think the model is 4652cfp. I bought them when I got my headunit (buy hu get free speakers kinda deal) but sold the car before I ever installed them. I was thinking about fabbing up some boxes and hooking them up to my home system, but I dont have that kinda time lately.

I personally like the Infinity speakers. I have Kappas in my Regal, and have had the reference series in other cars. If they would fit any of the cars I have currently, Id be using the 4x6's.

if you like infinity i would go with the cappas, refresence is ok but the cappas are the top of the lines, personaly i would go with some MBQUARTS :biggrin:

Back