You can type here any text you want

Informal G-body meet-St. Louis

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
I try to keep my garage door down as much as possible to keep the dust off of them. I'll let you know when I get the GN up here.

I wanted to go out there but me and the wife ended up doing the end of year show world show at Jefferson Barracks. GTA and TTA both took 1st in there classes:D Hopefully I'll meet up with you guys some day soon. I'm gonna start modding soon. Got walked by my wife in her GTA on the way home last night (its no where near stock though). Great group of cars you guys had out there!!!

Can't believe I forgot......

I was up to my ears in "honey-do's" and totally forgot. :(

Kris, the guy with the white SS Monte (SS L69) just left here.
THAT is a sweet lookin' Monte!
It has "the look", no doubt about it.

He came by to check out my T-Type.

Re: Can't believe I forgot......

Originally posted by Missouri T
I was up to my ears in "honey-do's" and totally forgot. :(

Kris, the guy with the white SS Monte (SS L69) just left here.
THAT is a sweet lookin' Monte!
It has "the look", no doubt about it.

He came by to check out my T-Type.
Small world. I didnt know it was yours. My brother was tellin' me last night that Chris was checking out a TR. I was thinking that one of us should have been there with him, since he didnt know much about them. I guess I'll have to give him the thumbs up that it belongs to a real Turbobuick guy ;) .
That IS a sweet SS. Chris, my brothers and me road up there together. He and my youngest brother (has the Ttype in the pictures with the gold GTA wheels) work at a bodyshop together. Mine by the way is the Ttype with the black GTA wheels, and my other brother has the gold TLtd.

I hope he's able to get it....

I know he'd have a great time with the car and having you folks as friends would make ownership that much more fun.
I just picture you all cruising around in the T's, terrorizing the unsuspecting Mustang-bangers and F-body folks. :cool:

The car has LOADS of potential for future upgrades as well.

Put in a good word for me. ;)

Thanks again, folks.
Bill

Re: Re: Can't believe I forgot......

Originally posted by 6SENSE
Small world. I didnt know it was yours. My brother was tellin' me last night that Chris was checking out a TR. I was thinking that one of us should have been there with him, since he didnt know much about them. I guess I'll have to give him the thumbs up that it belongs to a real Turbobuick guy ;) .
That IS a sweet SS. Chris, my brothers and me road up there together. He and my youngest brother (has the Ttype in the pictures with the gold GTA wheels) work at a bodyshop together. Mine by the way is the Ttype with the black GTA wheels, and my other brother has the gold TLtd.

ya bills TR is a real nice car, cant beat the price. i wish i could buy it but dont have the money or room for it. bill do you want to meet up this weekend to get the fuel pressure gauge back. tell me when you got time to. you should check out my dads new govt car. its a 94 impalla ss with 20" chrome wheels. this thing is cherry, its only got 60k miles on it.

MAN, What an Impala!

That sounds like one "phat" ride, Cory. :)

Can't wait to check it out.

We LOVE Impala SS's.

I'll get in touch with you by the weekend.

Thanks again,
Bill

Re: I hope he's able to get it....

Originally posted by Missouri T
I know he'd have a great time with the car and having you folks as friends would make ownership that much more fun.
I just picture you all cruising around in the T's, terrorizing the unsuspecting Mustang-bangers and F-body folks. :cool:

The car has LOADS of potential for future upgrades as well.

Put in a good word for me. ;)

Thanks again, folks.
Bill
He is definately interested. To tell the truth, I was surprised to find out it was your car. I recall you trying to make improvements to it no longer than just a couple of weeks ago. None of my business, but what made you decide to let it go? Also, Ive got to ask. Did you ever resolve the FP issue? I dont recall what happened after I posted the info about the fuel tank removal and the Walbro340 on sale.
My brother mentioned that Chris was going to meet with you again this weekend? Maybe we will roll with him. Like I said he is definately interested, plus I already gave him the word that you were a real TR guy and not just one of those guys that gets one and doesnt know what theyve got :)

Re: Re: I hope he's able to get it....

Originally posted by 6SENSE
He is definately interested. To tell the truth, I was surprised to find out it was your car. I recall you trying to make improvements to it no longer than just a couple of weeks ago. None of my business, but what made you decide to let it go? Also, Ive got to ask. Did you ever resolve the FP issue? I dont recall what happened after I posted the info about the fuel tank removal and the Walbro340 on sale.
My brother mentioned that Chris was going to meet with you again this weekend? Maybe we will roll with him. Like I said he is definately interested, plus I already gave him the word that you were a real TR guy and not just one of those guys that gets one and doesnt know what theyve got :)

Why did I decide to let it go?
Well, turns out my "better half" has had it with me spending so much time out there tinkering with the Regal. What can I say, I enjoy working on the car and I was just trying to make it as perfect as possible before pursuing the "next stage".
Well, finances being what they are will not allow me to pursue that "next stage".

The fuel pressure issue?
I used Cory's fuel pressure test gauge and found my fuel-rail-mounted unit to be a bit inaccurate (due to age?) with regards to base fuel pressure. I adjusted the fuel pressure up (about 1 lb.) and the O2's were STRONG then. Heck, I was getting 850-880 at the moment I punched the throttle.
The numbers dropped slightly the longer I stayed in the throttle (pegged the speedo) but, confirmed by numerous e-mails I received, nothing to be alarmed about: 80mv or so.
I'd say if a person was to go out and crank up the boost to stupid levels, a monster fuel pump may be in order: around $130, I believe Racetronix said?

I'm selling this car as a "FAST DAILY DRIVER", NOT as a car to go to Gateway with every weekend or take out street racing three times a week.
If someone wants to beat the hell out of the car that way, it's up to them to insure the car is 100% before they start getting silly with boost and such.
I have the car set up VERY comfortably to make for a stoplight-to-stoplight beast, NOT a max-effort, WOT 1/4 miler.

Bill

Gotcha, I understand ;) Im sure you'll wind up with another TR in the future. Theres no replacement once having one :)

Back