Injector constants, BLM's and fuel pressure

Brooks

Hello all, I've been having great fun tinkering with my chip for 009's. I've run through the archives looking for some information for comparison but haven't found much so hopefully this will start a bit of conversation.

:)

I was recently running 009's with an injector constant of 44.17 at a fuel pressure of 36psi. At that constant and fuel pressure my BLM's at cruise were around 94-99 and at idle sometimes dipped to 90 (lowest setting for my chip!).

At this constant (even though the ECM was pulling a lot of fuel) I would max out the injector PW somewhere around 4400RPM and 20psi of boost.

I recently began upping the fuel pressure and injector constant trying to find a happy medium between BLM's and WOT PW. My most recent setting is 42PSI and the injector constant is 47.25. The BLM's have come up to around 112 at idle which as far as I got. As soon as I started pulling out of the driveway momma came out and said it was my turn to watch the kids so she could go out and play. Oh well, I got away with it for the last couple weeks :D

Anyhow, since I'm not able to go play with the car I thought I'd post and see what kind of repsonses I received.

What kind of injector constant and fuel pressure are you guys running with 009 injectors? What has this resulted in for BLM's at cruise and PW at WOT?

Charles Brooks

Use the injector constant to get the BLM's to average 128 if you can. Usually the idle and WOT cells are high and the cells in between are low but try to get the average close. Then use the pe stuff to get the wot pw where you want it. There are several places to tweak but it's simplest to leave the wot FAR alone, maybe bump the pe-tps table (0 to 200%) to keep the pe-rpm table (-100 to +100%) on scale, and tune with the pe-rpm table.

Thanks Carl, I haven't played with the PE-TPS or WOT-AFR tables yet. I'm hoping to get some more time this weekend toplay with the car but with Mothers Day coming up it might be prudent to not even MENTION the car for the weekend. We'll see...

I dropped the timing a wee bit and combined with the recent fueling changes I've been able to up the boost to 20PSI on Sunoco 94. I'm tickled pink about it!

:)

Charles Brooks

Alright, here's where I've managed to get to so far...

I have the injector constant at 47.25 (2B hex) and the following PE-RPM enrichment

RPM %enrichment

2400 9.38
3200 4.69
4000 37.5
4800 53.91
5600 67.19

I'm running 44PSI fuel pressure (line off) and 20PSI of boost and getting O2's around 790-800 at WOT from 3800 RPM up. My BLM's have come up some to about 114 and the O2's have improved a bit.

I'd love to compare my results with somebody running 009's that has Direct Scan and/or burns their own chips.

For comparison purposes, I'm running Sunoco 94, stock turbo, big neck intercooler, 9" 3000 stall TC, and a single shot exhaust.

Charles Brooks

My car is doing the same thing but I have the extender chip.It drops when I put it on rich idle ,but I dont think I like having it idle so rich.Adding FP does nothing to help it either.I have checked for vacuum leaks and there are none.Even on rich idle its like 131 or something close to that.