You can type here any text you want

Injector harness screw up no start??

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

turbo96max

This is a pretty ridiculous question but im not sure if in theory it shouldn't matter. If you screw up and connect the passenger side injectors w the driver side of the har ess . Will the car not start?

Yes I believe you are correct, maybe a veteran can chime in here, but SFI fires injectors individually just before the intake valve opens on that particular cylinder. Other systems like MPI (multi port injection) or TPI (tuned port injection) spray all injectors at the same time regardless if a particular cylinder is ready or not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Engine should still start, during cranking the injectors are all fired together in batch fire mode. I take it you swapped the injector connectors from side to side? Putting 1, 3, 5 on the passenger side and the 2, 4, 6 on the drivers side?

If so should still start and run. May not run real well, but it should run.

RemoveBeforeFlight

Right im thinking i did this bc the car doesnt want to start.it wqs this it wrong coil to plug setup but i fixed the coil pack and still no start. I was guessing i mixed the injector harness. I took apart the top of the engine to replace hgs. Nothing really there that should cause the no start. I didnt touch the cam or crabk sensor.

Easy to forget to put the grounds back onto the rear of the cylinder head. Also check the the CEL light (SES?) in the dash does the blink off. This would verify that the ECM is running. If no CEL at all the ECM may not be getting power, or the grounds are open.

That is: at key-on, engine-off, the CEL should turn on briefly, blink off, then turn on solid. Can repeat the test after 10 seconds or more of key-off.

RemoveBeforeFlight

I have caspers ground stud kit on the firewall. extended / soldered those grounds and put them on the stud , then i run a 4 awg to the front of the head, then another to the battery , and a strap to the intake stud at the base of the coil pack, then another to the firewall screw. I was working at night with lights and i missed bolting that one set up, i guess lights are never as good as the SUN lol

are you sure it will run w banks crossed? I connected the loose ground. No start

Noid light tests good on all injectors
Put in new plugs
Have spark
Disconnect cam sensor and the cranking changes to a totally empty crank.
Without fuel pump same thing
While cranking it seems tonwant to start w everything connected just doesnt

I did wash the motor but not sure if a module can go bad from water damage cause a no start and still havr spark.

??

I don't understand why you wouldn't change the injector wiring back to being correct. Then it becomes a non-issue. As I mentioned, during cranking they fire in batch mode. Then switch to sequential once the engine is 'running.'

Try using some throttle pedal when cranking, as it sounds like it wants to go, but is struggling a little. Note that with the throttle at WOT during cranking, that is a clear flood mode.

RemoveBeforeFlight

Well im not sure i inversed them as but its a possibility so when i found the loose ground i figured id leave it and tshoot if it starts and just runs bad then swap it.

Next ill try to just swap it to test anyways to discard. I also reset my chip to default settings incase some bug which happened to me before where fuel was magically set to 0. But no go. Tps signal is good temp sensor reading 80 deg running sd chip. Fuel psi is 42 while cranking. Im kinda pissed bc the car drove missing off the trailer w water in the cylinders and now theres a ghost. I did get the injectors cleaned /flowed at a local shop . Could they have damaged them?

Back