You can type here any text you want

Injector Question

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Jan Larsson

I might get some new injectors when I get started on my engine bay.

I currently have 42.5 lbs injectors and a custom chip (Jay Carter) that works very well. I'm running stock turbo, RJC power plate, 160 degree thermostat, forged pistons, polished rods, hydrulic lifters, cam 211/20/-109 (might been swapped for another one but have to look it up...). Also the valve springs been changed.

Transmission been built with heavy duty parts, shift kit and a 2500 stall converter.

I got a adj fuel pressure regulator, adjustable wastegate, THDP, no cat (test pipe) with a hooker cat back system. Walbro 307 fuel pump, valve cover vents (both sides), throttle body bypass.

Would you recommend getting new injectors, either same size or larger? Reason for replacing them would be they were installed in 1995 and have about 50k miles on them and as I'm replacing a lot of other stuff detailing the engine and also replacing all sensors etc I thought it might be a good idea to do the injectors at the same time instead of leaving them for later.

Any advice appreciated

Jan

injectors

50's would not be over kill, they would work great with the setup you have. You would need to get a new chip thou.

These injectors are from Racetronix,here's all the info on them:
http://www.racetronix.com/17113738FM.html

These are BRAND NEW never installed, still in the original packaging! I will let them go for $275 to your door!

Hi,
If you want new, go for it, but if the car runs good, as you say, then leave 'em alone. In my opinion, 42.5s are plenty for your setup, why change? By the way, these are disc style injectors, much more resistant to crudding up than pintle style. You are good to go, I think!
Dale

Back