You can type here any text you want

Injector question

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

kwiktsi

Along with all my other questions, I have a question about the injectors on my car. They are a style I have never seen before, the previous owner told me they are a new style 35lb injector. They are much slimmer than any other injector I have ever seen and appear to be a light gray/white color plastic. Any ides what type of injectors these are? Thanks.
Joe

I need to look tomorrow.. I was just concerned because I got screwed with just about everything else on the car, so I wanted to know if this style even sounded familiar to anyone.. Judging by how everything else is not what I was told it was, these could damn well be from a Metro or something :)..
Joe

Sounds like Bosch 868's.I've only seen them on one car before,they are supposed to be very similar to Bluetops and are 36#'s.The whole injector was a light grey almost white maybe on the car I saw.

HTH,
Steve

That sounds like what he told me. So maybe that's what they are then. Thanks!!!
Joe

PS- Are these a good injector for a TA49 turbo?

In my opinion Bluetops and a TA-49 is the ultimate old school combo.I know plenty of people who still run this in daily driven cars.Also there is a board member Wes(Quick89 I think)who has the 868's and a TA-49 in his TTA,which is the car I saw them on,and he's at e-town all the time in the low,low 12's.I think he went 11.90's once but with no cage I guess he doesnt push it that far.

Steve

The Slim whiteish injectors are 868s, they are 36# injectors and they are not like Blue Tops.

"not like the blue tops" meaning not as good or not like them looks wise? Are they a good injector?
Joe

They are not supposed to be as good, although the chip guys say they have them under control.

I wouldnt use them, but since you have them may as well try them.

"In my opinion Bluetops and a TA-49 is the ultimate old school combo" :p

hey steve ...your care package is goin out tomorrow :) ...that "ol school" stuff rocks :)....11.5s @ 118 in street trim with nittos:D

Dan thanks :D took the car out for the first time the other day and was gonna email you about it,looks like you beat me to it :D

Thanks again,
Steve

Back