Injector troubles on e85

Chuck Leeper

8/10's of a century!
Staff member
May 28, 2001
Madison, Ga.
"I found that the car doesn’t like running in flex mode unless it has some 93 added to the e85."
Sounds as tho the sensor +/- range is not very "sophisticated".

Reactions: gibbstroy

gibbstroy

Jan 12, 2018
Allen, TX, United States
I’m looking for recommendations for a better ethanol injector. Similar issues with the car sitting for a while. Chucks done his thing a couple time now but it’s a band aid. Did you end up w the Bosch 210s? Are they better internally ?
Yes I have the 210's now. Sorry, I cant confirm if they are better internally or not though.

GNVYUS 1

Dec 15, 2002
IL
I don't know which injector for us has a stainless internal but that would be nice.

I no longer run straight E85 in 2 of my sports cars, went E50 and things are great. With the equal blend of fuels you won't get the build up nearly as much for obvious reasons. E50 can take more than most of us GNs can throw at it.

Then I always add in Lucas Oil Safeguard Ethanol for the extra protection. No issues in both E50 cars and its year 2 and 3 now and no injector cleaning needed so far.

GN is back on the road and it's E85 with 2-3 ounces of Lucas. I'll see how this goes as in 2010 the injectors would clog every year and need cleaning. Caspers would flow and swap baskets, then 1000 miles later it's a mess again. So far almost 1k miles and no idle or cruise issues.