You can type here any text you want

Installed 6.5's under the stock door panels

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

TheDoughboy

I finally installed my Pioneer head unit into the Buick. I also installed one of my 6.5 Polks into the door. (yes I will install the other one too) I had to Modify the inside of the door panel with a dremel but you can't tell from the out side.

The power window rolls all the way down w/no problems. I used a 1/2" spacer and installed a little dynamat I had laying around. I will mount the tweeter on the outside panel next to the factory CSII grill. I will install the tweeter and x-over later when I do the amps.

With the door panel on the bottom corner sticks out 1/2", but you wouldn't know unless I pointed it out. If I can find a door panel clip a little longer than the stock ones it will go into the hole. You Can't tell with the doors closed and nothing is getting smashed.

Here are the pics http://f1.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/ro...&.view=t&.done=http://f1.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ I did not take a pic with the panel on because you can't really see it stick out. You can push the corner of the panel in about a 1/2" with your hand.

New deck sounds Sweet too, even with out any amps yet:D

Ron

Speakers look good.......

Oh and, lol, take that mopar stripe off my GN! Thats fugly! (Yes, that is my GN)

Thanks. As far as the stripe, there was a post asking about how it might look. So I did it up real quick with Photoshop. I still get emails from people asking "how I did it" and "how wide did I paint the stripe". I explain no GN was defaced and it was done with photoshop and it's not my GN when they ask. Love the wheels, I'm getting some in the near future.

Ron

hi doughboy i have a question what did you bolt the 6 1/2 too th original 5 1/2 speaker holder or straight to the door

I used a 1/2 spacer, it's basically a plastic ring. I couldn't even get my 5 1/4 Blaupunkt's in the factory baskets.

HTH,

Ron

Back