You can type here any text you want

Installed new powermaster-WOW

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

gmmuscle

The day I was to p/u my 1st 86 GN, the owner (forum member)told me the p/m had gone out. We talked about how to replace it and I knew I could fix this, and there was no way I was not getting that car that day. Needless to say, the drive home (75 miles), was a little tense.

Checked the parts for sale section and found a used p/m unit. Already had the Peter Hoffman Buick book (great resource), and followed the p/m diagnostics along with the p/m brake bleeding proc on the site (:smile:).

Bled out the entire system, replaced the nasty rear wheel cylinders and put her back together. What a difference. She stops like a dream. After driving my 72 Monte with a big cam and no brakes, this is like being in a cadillac. Could not drive far since my hood latch is at the powdercoater, the interior is stripped down to the dr bucket seat, and the t top and framework is out. Glad the heater worked!!

Thanks to the club for all the resources.

Carl

The PM system isn't all that bad and can perform adequately with maintenance. Keep up with that and it will last you a good long time.

with the reputation it has, it was always nerve racking driving with my kid in the car....never wanna deal with no brakes issue at any time.

Back