You can type here any text you want

Installed new Thrasher 92........car wont start!

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

crs

I took out my ATR chip, put in the Thrasher. I disconnected the orange wire from the back of the battery, reconnected it and tried to start the car, and it just cranks and cranks put doesn't start. I immediately put my ATR back in, and disconnect-reconnect the orange wire and it started with no problem. I also went through the anti-theft steps put still wont start! Fuel pressure is also set at 45.

I dont know what the antitheft on the Thrasher entails but maybe you need to check on a scanner and make sure the appropriate switches needed to deactivate the antitheft are working.

Thrasher

Good idea, i'll get it checked out on a scanner and see what happens.

Doesn't sound like an anti theft problem. Even if you didn't defeat it, the car should at least start and run for 1.5 seconds. So it should at least be firing.

As Dave noted, this is not a problem with the anti-theft feature. If the car is not starting either the chip is bad (and SES light should be showing code 51) or the car's tune is so jacked up that it is outside the parameters needed for the engine to start. I'll vote for a bad chip. Easy to check with or without a scanner.

>chip is bad (and SES light should be showing code 51)<

My car did not show a code and the thrasher is bad in it. Change the chip and now it runs again. My chip did not have the anti-theft.

I think it is a bad chip also.

easiest way to tell if a chip is bad, does the SES light flash ridiculously fast? on key-on it should flash and then stay on, if its bad, it'll just keep flickering.

SES Light

No, the SES light just stays on. Then i'll switch to my ATR and it starts right up! Beats the hell out of me!!!!!!

Re: SES Light

Originally posted by crs
No, the SES light just stays on.
Sure, now you tell us. That is prolly a chip connection problem, as in, a pin or two on the chip is not making contact with the ECM receiver socket. Send it back.

Thrasher 92

I checked just about everything including the Ecm connnector pins. I'm stumped! I'll send it back tomorrow!

Back