You can type here any text you want

Installing boost gauge need help

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

TrAb

BOOSTIN
Hey guys im trying to install a aftermarket boost gauge on my car and needed a little help. Where is the best place to T into a vaccum line? I though about the hose going to the wastegate but im not sure. Thanks

Mine is in the line coming past the fuel press reg, I believe it continues on to the charcoal canister. This way you can go back along the valve cover & right inside through the factory hole.

i have mine tee'd into the line going to the fuel pressure regulator- that's the way it was when i got the car, and it works for me. it tells me how much vacuum or boost the regulator is "seeing" at any given time.

I tried both these ways. Maybe my gauge is messed up. All it shows it like -20 psi then when i hit the gas it slowly climbs to 0

Any vacuum line will work, its just a matter of how you want to route the line. Maybe you have a kink in the line or a bad guage. If you hit the gas quick it should go to zero quick.

Yeah i dunno whats up, its a electronic gauge so theres not to much possibilty that the line has a kink in it.

Any vacuum line will work, its just a matter of how you want to route the line. Maybe you have a kink in the line or a bad guage. If you hit the gas quick it should go to zero quick.

Some branches (can't remember off the top of my head which ones) have check valves that close off in boost.

This vacuum diagram should help you out. You can attach the gauge to many places. To make it simple, Tee into the vac line that says Boost Gauge. :cool:

vac_federal.jpg

i have mine tee'd into the line going to the fuel pressure regulator- that's the way it was when i got the car, and it works for me. it tells me how much vacuum or boost the regulator is "seeing" at any given time.

do you have a picture of that I'd like to see it.

Back