Insurance

TTANut

I was wondering where a good place for quality insurance is. All the major players want to limit you to 1000 miles a year, or want to charge large amounts because of the vin #, they know what the car is. Where do you guy's have insurance? I usually drive 5000 miles a year on Sundays, and Wednesdays ( Wednesdays are 1/4 mile night!) All responses are appreciated. ttanut.

I have mine through State Farm. They know what the car is. I have mine limited to 7500 miles or under a year.

Would you mind telling me how much it is? I have had quotes of 1200.00 per year, and am looking to spend less. Isn't there a guy on this website that sells insurance? Thanks. ttanut.

Off the top of my head, I think its $320 every 6 months. I know it was only a couple of dollars more than my '96 WS6.

Mine is around 1150 per year, I only keep insurance on it 7 months outa the year, its stored after that.

It is stupid, its the same price as my newer T/A.... Thats just wrong.

I have mine through GEICKO, not sure of the price, but it is ALOT
cheaper than my 2001 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4.

Originally posted by TTA 1387
Off the top of my head, I think its $320 every 6 months. I know it was only a couple of dollars more than my '96 WS6.

Ditto , I have state farm also with the 7500 mile thing and about that same rate!!!

We have ours with American Family as a special interest vehicle, it has $30,000.00 set amount coverage(will never depreciate). There is unlimited mileage and it costs us $328.20 every 6months. This is the best option I have found. I have the same coverage on my 90 chevy truck( I just tell him what I feel it is worth to me or what it would cost to duplicate it). My agent is really cool with this and if you need more information I can talk to him for you. I would guess that if you had any questionable insurance claims it may be harder to obtain this coverage (ie. he may require an appraisser to acess you vehicle).
P.S. Our deductible is $500.00.

Jason:cool:

I have mine with state farm under theyre collector car program.I pay under 400 a year,has an agreed value of 19,500,and only limitations are that it is garaged,and used primarily for shows and events.There is no mileage limits since a car show can be 3000 miles away :)

It cannot be ones daily driver tho.And the garage thing is a must.

Hope this helps ya'll save some money.

Julio

Thanks you guys! My insurance is coming due, and I will use all this information to beat up my insurance agent on his price on tta insurance. Tim. ttanut.