You can type here any text you want

Intake filter questions step in guys

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

achalmersman

Ok guys. So my car has a 3" MAF pipe with the MAF and IAT sensor hooked right up to the K&N filter. The filter screen is damaged from rubbing on the canister. I am thinking about eliminating the canister. What alternatives are you guys using for DRY filters? I HATE K&N filters. I have done a little reading on Amsoil air filters. Anyone got any suggestions?

Evap canister / chrome cover and maybe AC lines / crimps if I remember right. I'm not in front of the car right now I should have taken a picture. My turbo has a 4" inlet but I'm not ready to put a spacer on the upper intake / IAC relocate, and mess with the uppipe. Figured I would do that mess when I got a FMIC and perhaps go SD. Then I could do away with the MAF

Really just trying to get an idea as to if anyone has experience with any dry high performance filters

AEM for a dry filter. They flow better than a K&N too since they have a radiused outlet almost like a velocity stack. The K&Ns insist on keeping a sharp edge inside their outlet neck.

The other benefit of a dry filter is you never coat the MAF sensor(s) with filter oil from oil residue.

I can build you a 3.5 pipe that will hook to the turbo without interfering with the IAC or the uppipe if you want. It's set up for a LS1 MAF or MAfless.

The alum pipe I use is pretty polished to start with. Wouldn't take too much effort is you wanted to make it shinier. (clamps are polished SS T-bolts)

Any pics Earl? I also run a Dry filter for the reason I don't like my TB plate and MAF with oil. I have a K&N in my truck and hate it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

you can use a 45deg silicone adapter elbow 4" to 3" and it will probably work just fine and use a 45deg aluminum pipe to the maf. My turbo has a 3" inlet and I have a 3 to 3.5" 45deg elbow and 3.5" alum pipe to the maf and a short "cheapy" filter with the inverted cone in the end.

We need pics in this thread! Earl PMed me some but others are welcome. Thanks guys this community is awesome!

Don't mind the dirty engine bay:)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 117
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 106
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    780 KB · Views: 102
I am working on another allow and pipe to put the filter behind the headlight soon. I have t bolt clamps for intake pipes just not put on yet.

I picked mine up at Autozone, my old 14" K&N was messed up.

Any pics Earl? I also run a Dry filter for the reason I don't like my TB plate and MAF with oil. I have a K&N in my truck and hate it

This is the only shot I have of an AEM filter. This is a cold air kit I built for my car... as I was about to install it, I decided to pull the 4.1 and get some of my forged pistons made for it instead. It's always something with this car, LOL.

Photo1120.jpg

Back