Intake Manifold Gaskets

Stage1

I just got my original heads ported, valve job, new springs, back-cut valves etc. by Frankg and the work done looks great. My question is now that I am putting it back together, which intake manifold gaskets do I use? I have a stock set and I have FelPro #1200. With the FelPro's do I use the rubber end strips from the stock set or just use silicone? This is the first time I've had the a turbo motor apart, I've done several Buick 350 and 455's and have always used the stock style gasket. Thanks for any input.

Ken

I've always prefered the stock style, it's a felpro gasket though(from Pep-Boys), M96037(af48138) ,, and I never use those da*n rubber strips, especially if the heads have been cut, etc..

The felpro 1200's are the bigest as far as port size the only problem is there is no valley pan. You can still use the gaskets and cut the pan out of you old gasket or relocate the pcv valve to the valve cover. If you dont use a gasket with the pan. youll suck the oil right out of the motor with the pcv valve if its in its stock location. I found this out first hand and had the intake of this weekend putting a pan in.

Try the M96037, it's a valley pan style, not the shiny one, and has ports the size of the 1200s

Thanks for the info, I think I will just use the stock gasket I have. The original one was there for the first 70k miles so, hopefully a replacement will last as long. Thanks for the help!

Ken

Id like to add something. the rubber end seals from the Fel Pro gaskets (stock style) works very well. They have the locating tabs to hold them in place and dont move while torqueing.

Now the cork end tabs on the 1200 suck.Some "right stuff "sealer and you are done.

.02 cents more. While you're at the Speed Shop looking at the above Fel-Pro intake number, have him pull out a 96033 for you to have a look at. Mine sealed perfect.
HTH
Jim

I just fixed a new motor and used the Felpro 1200's and cut the prots off of a valley pan. This way the oil will not get into the PCV valve. I don't use the end rail gaskets, just a good bead of Ultra Black. IMO, I think the 1200's seal better than the pan gasket.