You can type here any text you want

Intake Porting - 1st timer criticism required!

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

GangsterMD

Turbo'd since '95
I took a crack at porting my intake, any suggestions would be appreciated.

Attachments

• DSC01883.JPG
    DSC01883.JPG
    76.8 KB · Views: 353
  • DSC01884.JPG
    DSC01884.JPG
    70 KB · Views: 351
  • DSC01885.JPG
    DSC01885.JPG
    70.2 KB · Views: 384
  • DSC01886.JPG
    DSC01886.JPG
    77.4 KB · Views: 350
  • DSC01887.JPG
    DSC01887.JPG
    75 KB · Views: 357
Looks good as far as port matching. Are you going to continue to port into the intake more?

I was planning on doing something with the egr tower, and I haven't done anything with the runners yet as you can see. I wasn't sure how much gain there would be in the runners?

I'm not sure either, but it wouldnt hurt. I have a champion intake with the egr inside the plenum already welded closed. I also had the port from the EGR to the heads welded closed so I dont have to worry about any leaks.

port

first of all you are doing a fine job ,just take your time -when it comes to h.p. gain on a slower car it is not noticable that much but on a faster 12 and under it is with combination of ported heads ,dog house and so on --and remember this is just my 2 cents..:D

Thanks for the reply's. I'm guessing on forced induction intakes being smooth is a benefit as well? Is it a good idea to smooth out the runners and the upper intake? And as for the EGR tower, I suppose it should jus be cut off and then welded at the bottom? I see DDrifter has welded the port to the heads shut - any risk in warping it with too much heat?

smooth

you allready have the right idea --smooth is the key and when it comes to welding the egr is just a matter of opinion ,either you use it or you dont ..echeck or no ..:biggrin:

Back