You can type here any text you want

Intake question

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

8AV8OR2

Walking a new road
Probably been answered a hundred times but i can't seem to find it anywhere. What parts are needed other than the upper/lower plenums and throttle body/linkage to convert a hot air setup to the 86-87 intercooler setup. I know the coil packs need to be moved to the back and the turbo/piping, manifolds are all being changed, so thats not a big deal. Are the fuel lines, heater lines and such different as well, and is the turbo drain in the block or the pan?

Sorry if its been asked before

Turbo drain is in the block on 86-87 motors. Easy to drill & tap for $40 at the machine shop.The rest I guess you seem to be on track. You could look for a complete intake with water lines,sensors, brackets, pulleys, balancer etc etc.

PM me if you want a Complete setup. Just picked up another spare virgin motor & the top half I may part with?
Remember to PM me as I do not get Post notifications here if interested. I am in Toronto.

Back