You can type here any text you want

Interesting observation

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Chuck Leeper

Toxic old bastard
Staff member
on Speedtalk.com, about Eagle & Scat cranks...
"Most important is that the rods and the crankshaft measure good and consistent, no taper, out of round, or anything like that. As has been said, the SCAT parts always seem to be as good as any of the entry level stuff that is out there.. We won't even use an Eagle crankshaft, I don't know how ANYONE fits one of those up, the taper is retarded, out of round, you name it.. You have to take an average of numbers, that is something that is just not acceptable with me..

Kirk Peters, sales manager from SCAT told me personally that ALL their forged line is exclusivally finished at their plant in California, they do NOT let the Chinese do the finish work! As far as I know, Eagle does not even own one crankshaft grinder, they are ALL finished in China, SCAT has about 20 crankshaft grinders, there is the difference.. I will pay a couple bucks more for that quality.. "

on Speedtalk.com, about Eagle & Scat cranks...
"Most important is that the rods and the crankshaft measure good and consistent, no taper, out of round, or anything like that. As has been said, the SCAT parts always seem to be as good as any of the entry level stuff that is out there.. We won't even use an Eagle crankshaft, I don't know how ANYONE fits one of those up, the taper is retarded, out of round, you name it.. You have to take an average of numbers, that is something that is just not acceptable with me..

Kirk Peters, sales manager from SCAT told me personally that ALL their forged line is exclusivally finished at their plant in California, they do NOT let the Chinese do the finish work! As far as I know, Eagle does not even own one crankshaft grinder, they are ALL finished in China, SCAT has about 20 crankshaft grinders, there is the difference.. I will pay a couple bucks more for that quality.. "

Cool!
I always thought that the combinations of OD tolerance, roundness, parallelism, taper, surface finish, and perpendicularity can add up to a big number.
Of course the larger the sum of these numbers is, the larger the bearing tollerance that is required.
Combine that with “crank flex” and block rigidity and it is a wonder these things even hold up at 500 HP, without detonation. ;)

Tom Lieb (owner of Scat) told me the same thing while in PRI. I guess Tom trained Kirk :p

Billy T.
gnxtc2@aol.com

Back