Interesting Problem

lordmikef

Went to e-town wednesday night with the usual set-up. ta49, 42.5# injectors. The exact combo that i went 12.50's with at the end of last year. First pass, i footbrake it up to about 6# and the car felt really doggy. 2.2 60 foot. It really felt like the trans was slipping because a little before the 330, is hit pretty hard and ran about 3 mph less than usual at 105. This did not happen during, right before, or right after a gear change. It definitely was not knocking and all computer analysis looks great. My first impression is that the converter is slipping or the trans is slipping. Anyone ever experience anythign like this?

If you are recording your runs with a scan tool, if the trans is slipping you would see at least one of 2 things:
1) your rpms peaks and drops at the 1-2 and 2-3 shift will not be as pronounced like a saw-tooth when reviewing the recording in a graph/scope mode..they will look like rolling hills or no drop in rpm at all.
2) the rpms may shoot up for a brief moment..like if you had tire spin...except there will be no associaited mph increase on the mph graph...which if it did would show tire spin.