You can type here any text you want

Interface Cable

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

PhilM

Präzisionelektronik
Hello, I was just wondering if there was anything to an interface cable for GEN VII to the stock buick harness. Is it just a wiring & connector task or is it there actually to convert somethings to the buick style sensors? My main concerns are with the cam sensor, crank sensor, and ignition module. I know in the GEN VII setup, you can select the style of ignition to the buick DIS system, but can it be directly wired into the ECU or is there an appropriate conversion....

Where can i get ahold of one of these things (interface cable)?

Phil

It basically is just wires, but the service engine soon light wont work without a current limiting resitor, and your a/c relay has to be replaced outside the car with a n/c contact. I have one for sale, but it comes along with the gen 7 unit:)

Attachments

• 148_4864.JPG
    148_4864.JPG
    216.7 KB · Views: 148
friggin sweet! :)

where can i get mating the DFI plugs from? Ill just eliminate the stock buick ECM terminations or just rip apart an ECM to get the connector for that end.

Also, do you have any resources on the DFI Gen 7 schematic and pinouts? I mainly need ignition & cam sensor pinouts as i know the gen7 is capable with the stock DIS buick ingnition.

Thanks,
Phil

What would you want for the adapter and ECU? Is it used, etc...

Thanks,
Phil

Yes, its used but has recently been updated to 4.0 version. I want $1200 for the ecu, adapter harness and with comm cable and key. I had the connectors left over from an old harness, i don't know who sells them or how much they cost.

I just went with the pinout in the software help section. The cam sensor signal you just leave "-" side unhooked, and use the + into the box. Crank sensor hooks up +/- on the factory ecm connector to +/- on the dfi box. The software is set for DIS and thats about it!

I have the external inputs in separate weatherpack connectors for fan control, launch, nos, etc as you only hook them up if you need them.

The o2 sensor is in a separate connector as well, so you can choose your type.

What about the stock GN ESC module.... does the DFI need that or is it just the knock signal outputted?

Phil

The stock module will work fine, it just uses the same input like the stock ecm.

norbs to the rescue (agaiN)!

I'm almost finished up this harness but am still unsure what to do with the est control, est bypass, and the plain ol est signal... So far ive assumed that the control is left unconnected (??) and the est goes to the "est" pin and the est bypass goes to the "bypass" pin - dont know where the control wire goes though.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks, Phil

Back