Interior paint color question

dragrazor

image.jpeg
i bought gbody's interior spray paint color med dark gray #1598 and as you can see in the pic, it does not really match the dash. I know that i can go to a body shop and have them make me paint for me but has anyone used a paint from anyone that matches the rest of the dash?

image.png

I had a similar issue with SEM paint.

image.png
image.png

Switched to Kirban's paint and it's bit darker.

Never used GBody's paint, otherwise would have mentioned it to you. Good thing the shipping was cheap ;-)

Any Paint jobber can mix up the paint. Take an existing interior panel from the lower dash (out of the sun) and take it and get it matched.

The stuff I got from Kirbans a long time ago matched pretty darn good IMO. It wasn't exact put it was pretty good.. Though this was in a shadowed area that normal people wouldn't be able to tell anyhow (ecu kickpanel).

GN owners usually don't have a problem. Those of us with T's have had to deal with this for a while.

This is what passes for a match for Burgandy interior

I just found this thread , im working on getting my glove box matching the dash better

I just found this thread , im working on getting my glove box matching the dash better

Any luck? I have the same problem as the OP on the upper dash bezel and glove box door. I guess the sun darkens the vinyl on the dash but doesn't darken the plastic and metal the same way? IDK, but I used paint from Kirban and it came out way too light.

I wil post on my other thread interior paint too light once I install my repaint glove box

final results
very pleased !! pics not that great but the color match by Benjamin Moore is way better than what I bought from two of our vendors

Attachments

• IMG_2605.JPG
    IMG_2605.JPG
    44 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_2607.JPG
    IMG_2607.JPG
    76.9 KB · Views: 14
Cool. So when do you start selling this stuff, count me in on a can.