You can type here any text you want

Intermission story

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Jerryl

Tall Unvaccinated Chinese Guy
Well, with the limited kill stories being posted, here is an intermission (While Raven gets back on track! :biggrin: :tongue: )

I am doing a test and tune, setting some basics. Come to the light and notice this very nice looking wide rimmed 350Z is in the left lane, turn signal on (he must be turning).
The car was dark blue, polished, looked pretty new. I am not sure what year, what mods, but it sounded normal (Probably stock, don't know)

I am in street trim, 2 people in the car. Just made some changes and going out for a quick run. Pull in the lane next to the Z, front row, no intentions of anything. No need to blow a HG.
The light turns to green. I take off, easy, grandma style observing the WB. About 1/2 way through the intersection, I now notice, the Z is no longer turning (hmmm).
Actually looks like he is waiting for me. He gets my front bumper to about the middle of his car. I am thinking during these spilt seconds ….. I think he wants to try.
At this time, we are 3/4 way through the intersection. I nail it, and fishtail a bit ……… He nails it.

At this time am about 5 feet behind him but thinking: "No worry, my second gear in this Hofer Tranny is the silent killer and has not yet let me down!"
The GN shifts into second …… she lurches ahead to his rear quarter panel ……. I am thinking: "This guy knows how to shift/drive and is not missing a lick!"
Shifts into third ….... I am not making any ground, but he is not pulling away from me at all.
Traffic up front, I shut it down ……… He is still going for a few seconds and "zig zags" away.

I take my usual deserted road and make some adjustments afterwards ……. One more test run (second gear roll in) and shut it down for the night.
Seat of the pants indicate she is running stronger. Too bad he cut through traffic I would have liked talking to him.
Nice car, and seems to respond well. (No, I am not adding sticky tires)
Just amazing this 84 brick can keep up with that very nice and sleek 2006 (?) sports car.

My combo? Basically stock. (Really)
Baby turbo (TA33), 212/212, IC-less, 93/PAC, port matched intake/headers, ported TB, running about 10.5:1 fuel ratio, 17 PSI, 18/17
(6 PSI to go and maybe a bigger turbo :p )

that's a good attitude :cool:

i need to adopt that, it would help me stop dumping money into this GN lol

Back