You can type here any text you want

Intermittant Troubles and Strange Readings...

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

darkfa8

- driving everywhere -
I have been using Turbo Link 2.13 for quite some time.

I recently installed a Extender chip in my car, and during driving the TL detects Malfunction Codes for a frame or two and/or I'll get some strange readings for data.

It also occurred last night on Lee Joseph's father's Monte SS with the GN motor in it.. It was intermittantly spitting out codes, and getting odd-ball readings.

The ECM in my car and in Lee's car haven't set any codes to the point where the SES light came on.

Could the intermittancies be a problem with my laptop, the tl cable or the software?

Originally posted by darkfa8
Could the intermittancies be a problem with my laptop, the tl cable or the software?

I'm running TL 3.0 and had the same kinds of things happen. Two days in a row, there were a couple of frames that had weird data, like 6000+ RPM and 167 MPH, and then went back to normal. I sent the file to Ken Mosher and he said not to worry, it was prob. the computer stealing clock cycles and glitching TL.

NOTE: I don't recall travelling 167 MPH for ~3 sec. and then back to 55, so I suspect the data is in error... :)

Sorry, I don't know about 2.13 as I could never get it working with my old laptop. Now I've got a laptop from work and I run TL 3.0 on it.

Back