You can type here any text you want

intermittent knock 79 turbo regal

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

79coupe

Ok so we're up and running,she starts up after a while,not sure if I'm getting fuel vapourising in the lines as it takes about 5secs of cranking before the engine fires. The engine runs up in auto choke ok but then starts to knock intermittenly. Sounds like hitting an iron fence with a wooden stick,only does it for a few seconds at a time. I've also got the check engine light dim,and only on when the knock is there. Any ideas please as to where to start?

on a seperate note I've got a pm,but when i try to read it I'm told that admin has disabled private messaging.

I don;t know if this has any bearing on the slow starting,but it seems to work..- If the engine is turning and turning with no bite, I pop the bonnet and then right in the front driverside corner is a black canister, about 4" dia and about 5" tall i guess,Its got 4 pipes coming off it,and I tug a couple off then replace them,go back in and it generally starts straight away. I figure this has something to do with the fuel side of things,dunno if its a vacuum assembly?
So will that manual detail engine as well as chassis?

There is a seperate Fisher Body manual that covers door, bumpers, etc., but the electrical, drivetrain, brakes, suspension and all the important stuff is in the Buick manual.

Much, much, much better than a Chiltons or Haynes manual.

nice one, hopefully I've won the manual,we'll see. Will get torn into it soon,time is tight... Thanks.

well I pulled the motor and trans and had a peek inside. the big end shells on no's 5 and 6 are dead. 6 particularly so. In fact it has lightly scored the crank... So,can the crank be reground? And does anyone have any contacts for buying new shells please?

Back